Thursday 21 July 2016

Fresh Strawberry and Mint Porridge

As you will probably know we are having a bumper harvest this year of soft fruits. So I am using them in as many different dishes as I can. Today's recipe is now a favourite of mine. There is nothing more satisfying than going down the garden in the morning to pick fresh berries and mint for breakfast.

This is what I did...

Fresh Strawberry and Mint Porridge

Ingredients - Per serving

35g porridge oats
10 strawberries, quartered
4 fresh mint leaves
180mls your chosen milk, I used coconut milk

Method

1 - Put the porridge oats and milk in a pan and place over a medium heat

2 - Add the mint leave and 8 of the quartered strawberries

3 - Gently bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes, as the strawberries heat up they release their delicious juice into the porridge and milk

4 - Serve in a bowl, topped with the remaining strawberry quarters


This is pure heaven in a bowl. So quick and easy to make and healthy! The perfect way to start the day!


Enjoy x
CookBlogShare

2 comments:

  1. Oooh yum. This sounds so good. A lovely summery take on porridge :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this is delicious. Love how you've put strawberries in with the oats to cook together

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x