Monday 25 July 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 29 Round Up - It's All About The Berries!

Following on from last weeks round up of homegrown recipes I am still attracted to the recipes that use what we have in our garden. As we are harvesting a lot of berries at the moment I was certainly drawn to the recipes that use them.

Before I tell you all about my favourite recipes from week 29 of CookBlogShare I want to say thank you to Mandy from Sneaky Veg for hosting, commenting and sharing all of the posts last week.

Now on to my berry round up. Here are my four favourite recipes from week 29 of CookBlogShare...

The first recipe that I chose made me wish that our gooseberry bush was producing more berries. Searching for Spice shared this deliciously creamy homemade gooseberry ice cream that I am dying to make. This recipe will definitely be made next year when our bush is a bit bigger and producing more fruits!

The next recipe that I selected was one that left me curious to try it! Allotment 2 Kitchen shared this strawberry jalapeno salsa. I have not thought of using strawberries in savoury dishes but this salsa has left me curious to try it. We have some chilli plants so am planning to try it soon!

Basement Bakehouse shared her latest low syn treat and left me wanting a slice of this strawberry tart. This delicious looking low fat pastry tart uses Trimbake which is a new ingredient to me and one that I am going to keep an eye out for. It is an interesting sounding way to reduce fat and sugar in bakes! Anything that makes bakes healthier is fantastic in my eyes! I do love bakes!

Last but not least are these gooseberry upside down crumble bars from Sneaky Veg would make the ideal treat for the kids, and us adults! These bars not only contain delicious gooseberries but also agave nectar which makes them even more natural and healthier! I love how they contain banana to counterbalance the bitterness from the gooseberries. Another must try!

Thank you to everyone who joined in with the CookBlogShare linky last week. Tomorrow the linky will be with Hayley at Snap Happy Bakes so please pop over and share what you have been cooking up!

Hope you have a great week x

CookBlogShare

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my gooseberry ice cream! I would also love to try Sneaky Veg's gooseberry recipe. I have some agave nectar as I use it in place of honey and I think it would be lovely with the gooseberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corina - I'd love to know what you think if you do try it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for including my strawberry tart! #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my gooseberry bars. I am desperate to make them again but when we went to a PYO yesterday the gooseberries were all gone. Such a shame they have such a short season! Next year I'm going to fill the freezer with them. #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x