Monday 11 July 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 11th July 2016


Wow I am so organised this week. My meal plan was actually written on Thursday ready for me to do the weekly shopping on Friday. In an aim to save some money for our holiday we are budgeting on our food shopping. Thankfully I do have a full freezer. This is thanks to finding meat and fish in the good old reduced section.

This week I managed to do the food shopping for £47.87 which, for me, is really good! I aim to not buy any food now until my next weekly shopping trip. I have bought some frozen vegetables so that when I have used the fresh ones I have a back up. So fingers crossed I can report back on a successful week!

I am planning on sharing my top tips for saving money on your weekly shopping over the next few weeks so keep an eye out for that. There are also my weekly recipes that I create using ingredients from Aldi. These posts go live on a Tuesday and are always super money saving dishes!

Back to my weekly meal plan. This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 11th July 2016

Monday - Mushroom and Bacon Pasta

Monday's meal is going to be a quick and easy meal. I have got J's final high school meeting before he starts in September so I will be preparing the meal in the afternoon so it can be warmed up later.

Tuesday - Sausage Meatballs and Rice

When I was looking through the freezer I found some sausage meat so on Tuesday I will be using it to make some juicy meatballs which will be served with rice.

Wednesday - Soy, Chilli and Ginger Pork Loin Steaks with Jacket Potatoes

This dish is for an upcoming blog post. So keep an eye out for it next week!

Thursday - Smoked Salmon Rice

This is going to be a kedgeree style dish served with an egg on the top.

Friday - Treat Night

As usual Friday will be a treat night of cheeses, breads, dips and meats. The children will have pizza as their treat.

Saturday - Pulled Chicken Wraps, Rice and Nachos

After the success of a similar meal the other week we will be having picky Mexican dishes again.

As always I am not planning for Sunday as we will be going to my Mum and Dad's for a Sunday roast!

If you write a weekly meal plan please feel free to join in with the MealPlanningMonday blog hop. As At Home with Mrs M is no longer running the linky it has become a blog hop. So please join in and lets get #MealPlanningMonday going again!

I hope you all have a great week x


get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of so much of your plan especially the sausage meatballs and pulled chicken wraps. I really need to to stop buying extra food in the week, I used to be so good but have started popping to the supermarket midweek and buying more. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsty,

    I didn't realise At Home with Mrs M were no longer doing the link up - can you share your blog badge for this and I'll link up here instead. I love doing my Meal Planning Monday and have lots of followers just for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x