Wednesday 13 July 2016

Lamb and Chive Bake

I love being able to go in the garden and pick fresh produce for our meals. Chives are one of the herbs which I love to add. Many people automatically add rosemary to lamb but in this wholesome bake I have added chives.

This meal is delicious all year round. Eating in the garden al fresco near the fresh herbs or in the winter as a warming, comfort meal.

This is what I did...

Lamb and Chive Bake

Ingredients

400g lamb mince
1 onion, chopped
200g mixed frozen vegetables
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 lamb stock cube
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
750g potatoes, sliced
50g mature cheddar, grated

Method

1 - Place the potato slices in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes

2 - Gently fry the lamb mince in a large pan with the onions for 5 minutes or until browned off thoroughly

3 - Add the chopped chives to the lamb and mix

4 - Pour over the chopped tomatoes and stir in the tomato puree

5 - Add the frozen vegetables to the sauce

6 - Bring to the boil, crumble in the lamb stock, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes

7 - Transfer the lamb mince sauce to an oven proof casserole dish


8 - Layer over the potato slices and sprinkle over the grated cheese

9 - Place under a high grill until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown off then serve


If you have any chive flowers they make a lovely, edible decoration that are full of the fresh flavours of chives.


This is not only a meal full of goodness but is an easy meal to make that the whole family will love!


Enjoy x

Pin me for later!


CookBlogShare

3 comments:

  1. I don't use chives enough but love the idea of this - It's such a great meal for preparing in advance and then just bunging in the oven later too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yum! This sounds like a fab meal! And so simple! I'm not sure I've put chives with lamb before - it's not a herb I use very often. I'll have to try that out! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of meal, easy to make! I've nicer tried lamb and chives before. Thanks for sharing #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x