Monday 18 July 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 18th July 2016


Yay! It is finally the last week of term! Whether I will be saying yay in a couple of weeks is a different matter, but at the moment I am looking forward to the kids breaking up!

This weeks meal plan is using more ingredients from the freezer. I am keeping my shopping expenses down to a bear minimum at the moment as we are trying to save up some much needed money for our holiday. Plus it gives me the chance to run down the freezer!

On Tuesday I have got an event to attend in the evening so I will be making a hot meal at lunchtime as the hubby is at home and saving some for when J gets home from school.

I have also come to the acceptance of my body. So the diet has gone out of the window! But I am just going to eat a healthy diet and still enjoy treats in moderation. But no more calorie counting for me, life is too short!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 18th July 2016

Monday - Broccoli Pasta

This is a recipe that the hubby found and requested and one that I am looking forward to trying!

Tuesday - Tuna Pasta Bake

This is a good, quick and easy meal. Tuesday is a busy day. We have got J's primary school leavers service which I am sure is going to be emotional. Then I am travelling over to Leeds to attend an event with McDonald's!

Wednesday - Creamy Chicken Lasagne

I love traditional lasagne but the tomatoes do not agree with the hubby and cause him acid. So this week I am going to be making a creamy, chicken version of a favourite!

Thursday - Chilli Con Carne

We have not had a good chilli in a long time so on Thursday I will be making one as well as huevos rancheros for lunch!

Friday - Dusted Haddock and Chips

Friday will be an easy meal of fish and Actifry chips and mushy peas.

Saturday - Mushroom Stroganoff

Stroganoff is such an easy and delicious meal, perfect for a Saturday evening.

Do you meal plan? What will you be enjoying this week?



get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. Ahh! It sounds like you are doing the sensible thing when it comes to the diet. Life is too short to be counting calories!
    I like the sound of the Lasagne...What a great idea!
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I haven't had a good chilli for a while - I fancy some of that now ! Another couple of lasagne twists you might like to try : http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2016/02/madhouse-recipe-roast-vegetable-lasagne.html (just leave out the tomatoes) or http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/Madhouse-recipe-creamy-leek-bacon-lasagne.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having chilli con carne on thursday too - it's a firm favourite here. In fact, O said "Mummy is the best cook in the world!" last time we had Chilli! I think he has low standards. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x