Wednesday 26 August 2015

Kick Starting A Healthier Me with Florette

Summer time is definitely the time to enjoy more salads with our meals. I for one would rather have salad with my meal on a hot day than hot vegetables. I do love homegrown salad vegetables but some times it is certainly much easier to open a bag of ready prepared salad.

Florette is a perfect example of a great, ready prepared summer salads. It is great to go in sandwiches, as a side dish or as a simple salad leaf meal.

Even though we all associate salads with summer, they can be enjoyed throughout the year.

After having a summer of over indulgence I am going to kick start my health by having September as a month to start re thinking about me and my body. This is going to mainly be eating healthier but also exercising again and getting some more time back for me. I am going to incorporate salads into our meals more and have them throughout the year. A Salad For All Seasons is a great book that I will be using a lot. It shows how salads can be enjoyed whatever the season!

If like me you are wanting to detox your body a bit after the summer Florette have created a great 5 day healthy eating plan which is full of delicious recipes. I will definitely be trying the smoothie recipes and the vegetable pesto flat bread pizza looks so good! Pop over and take a look for lots of salad inspiration!


I enjoyed my Florette leaves with traditional salad vegetables of cucumber, tomatoes, celery and spring onion. I topped it with pieces of Port Salut cheese, a side serving of my homemade tzatziki and a couple of slices of nutty smoked soda bread. Delicious!


Enjoy x

Disclosure: I was sent a Florette goodie bag and the book for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views, opinions and words are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x