Monday 31 August 2015

Pina Colada Cheesecake - Great Bloggers Bake Off

I absolutely adore cheesecake. However I have only made a baked cheesecake a couple of times. I usually go for the easier no bake ones. So when I saw that cheesecakes were one of the challenges for the bakers I knew that I had to make one.

Cheesecake is definitely one of my most favourite desserts.

At the moment I have a real passion for coconut ingredients. I regularly use coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut flour. So when I was thinking of what my favourite summer flavours were what came to mind?

Yes, you guessed it, coconut!

But I did not want to make just a coconut cheesecake I wanted to add more flavours. This led me to one of my favour cocktails, Pina Colada. Pineapple and coconut are such a classic combination, I knew they would be perfect for this weeks challenge.

I have got the basic weights from BBC Good Food and have adapted the recipe.

Here is my Pina Colada Cheesecake...



Pina Colada Cheesecake

Ingredients

225g Nice biscuits
100g melted unsalted butter
250g mascarpone
600g full fat soft cheese
2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
4 tbsp coconut flour
175g golden caster sugar
50g desiccated coconut
3 tbsp pineapple juice

For the topping

200g pineapple, chopped
20mls white rum
Desiccated coconut
Coconut milk yogurt

Method


1 - Heat the oven to 180C/160 fan/gas mark 4

2 - Line a 23cm spring form tin with greaseproof paper

3 - Place the Nice biscuits and the melted butter in a food processor and blitz until you have fine bread crumbs

4 - Place the biscuit and butter mix in the tin and press firmly down, place the tin in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling mixture

5 - Place the mascarpone, soft cheese, eggs, egg yolks, desiccated coconut, golden caster sugar, coconut flour and pineapple juice in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until all of the ingredients are evenly combined

6 - Remove the tin from the fridge a pour over the filling mixture

7 - Place in the centre of the ore heated oven and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until it has an even wobble

8 - Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside to cool

9 - Place the white rum in a bowl and add the pineapple chunks, cover and leave to soak, stirring occasionally

10 - Once the cheesecake is completely cool remove from the oven and remove the tin

11 - For the topping spoon on a layer of the coconut milk yogurt, arrange the pineapple chunks over the top and sprinkle over the desiccated coconut



This cheesecake is full of the flavours of summer and really is worth the extra effort. Waiting for it to cool really is the hard part!

Enjoy x

As always I am joining in with the Great Bloggers Bake Off. Week 4 it is hosted by Utterly Scrummy Food For Families and week 5 will be here on Hijacked By Twins for free from week which I cannot wait for!

Mummy Mishaps
CookBlogShare

8 comments:

  1. well this is very impressive Kirsty! I suggested to Andrea that she might like to make a pina colada cheesecake and then you did - i think you read my mind lol. fab cheesecake and thank you for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, lovely,flavours in your cheesecake, I bet it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! Bet it tasted amazing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous flavour combination, I love pineapple! I bet this was a really summery, refreshing dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, looks and sounds scrummy, I could really enjoy a slice now! The nice biscuits must have made a great base...I've not one of those biscuits for many many years.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, your cheesecake looks scrumptious, and I love the fresh fruit at the top! Pina Colada is one of my favourite cocktails. I am pretty sure I could eat half of your cheesecake :) You made me laugh with "nice biscuits" in your recipe, he he!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum I love coconut. Hate the actually coconut but anything else I'll happily eat! I still prefer a no bake cheesecake but this looks really good!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great looking cheesecake - will have to give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x