Tuesday 18 August 2015

Augbergine Ratatouille

I always love a good ratatouille as a main course, I just wish my family did! However they do like it as a side dish so next time I make it I will make extra for me and a different main meal for them. Ratatouille is a great dish that can be adapted to what vegetables you have that need using up or if you have a glut of home grown vegetables! In this recipe I used a marrow, which is just a large courgette so it will work with either.

This is what I did...


Aubergine Ratatouille

Ingredients

2 aubergines, chopped
1 marrow or 3 courgettes, chopped
1 lg onion, chopped
2 red peppers, chopped
2 carrots, grated
1 x 400g tin of butter beans, drained
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp olive oil

Method

1 - Heat the olive oil in a deep saute or frying pan

2 - Place the chopped aubergine and onions in the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly

3 - Add the marrow or courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes

4 - Stir in the red pepper and grated carrots and continue to cook for 5 minutes

5 - Pour over the chopped tomatoes and add the butter beans to the pan, season with the cayenne pepper and oregano

6 - Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes before serving


This ratatouille is delicious as it is, on it''s own, or as a side dish with meat or fish or even with a lovely fresh crispy bread roll.

If you love vegetables, you will love this!


Enjoy x


CookBlogShare

3 comments:

  1. I'm never sure what to do with an aubergine! Great idea to add it to a ratatouille! #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I like the idea to add beans as well, I haven't done that before. #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ratatouille, what a great idea to add butter beans. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to make this for a midweek meal for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x