Monday 10 August 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 10th August 2015

Woo hoo only 4 meals to plan and then it is time for our holiday!!!

At the moment I seem to have a problem remembering to take the meat that I need out of the freezer and have found that a few meals last week had to be adjusted due to this. I really do need to set a reminder for the night before! I did not cook the spatchcock chicken thanks to forgetting but I did create a meal that was equally good. I will be sharing the recipe this week!

Last week it was time to receive the monthly meat delivery that I get. This month there was a delicious variety of meats including sausages, beef, haggis, pork and pork.

Last week I did not post as often as usual. Having the children at home has meant that I have not had as much time as usual! These are the recipes that I shared last week...



This is what we are going to enjoy this week...

Week Commencing 10th August 2015

Spatchcock Chicken

As I forgot to take this out of the freezer last week we will be having it tonight. I am going to roast it with lemon and garlic and serve with vegetables and jacket potatoes.

Beef Bourguignon and Mash

I love this deliciously rich slow cooked meal. As I have some steak left over from last month I will be using it to make beef bourguignon. I will serve it with broccoli and swede and potato mash.

Pork Steak Tray Roast

In this months meat box I received more pork steaks. As I still have some from the Meat Porter box that I was sent to review I will be using them to create a tray roast using butternut squash, onions, carrots and apple.

Pesto Chicken and Jacket Potatoes

This was a meal that was on last weeks meal plan. However when I took the chicken out of the packet I realised I had mini fillets and not chicken breasts! This week I will make sure I take out the right chicken!

Next week we are away so there will not be a weekly meal plan post! However I have planned 3 meals as I have ordered a recipe box to take with us.

As always I am sharing with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday.

mpm different fonts.png


5 comments:

  1. Yum! Everything sounds delicious....Have a great holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all sounds delicious! I may pop to your for dinner a few nights this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget to take meat out of the freezer for recipes a lot! I may appear fairly organised to the outside world, but I'm rubbish :) The pork tray roast sounds really tasty with the squash and apple! Have a good week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beef bourguignon. I try and cook double so I can freeze half to save some time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love beef bourguignon. I try and cook double so I can freeze half to save some time :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x