Sunday 30 August 2015

23rd August - 29th August 2015 - One Picture Everyday For One Year - Guest Hosting #TWTWC

This week I am honoured to be hosting The Week That Was Captured for the lovely Hannah from Make Do and Push while she is away.

This week has seen the hubby return to work after having him at home for 9 days and the countdown to school returning has begun! I have to admit that I cannot wait for school to return and the children are well and truly ready for the routine. We have had lovely sunny days as well as autumnal days as for the weekend we are keeping our fingers crossed for a lovely bank holiday weekend!

Here is our week in pictures...

Sunday 23rd August 2015


I have recently discovered how relaxing I find crochet. This is becoming my sanity saver. If I am stressed of anxious or simply need to relax away from the internet and technology I start to crochet. I am part way through a very special gift for someone!

Monday 24th August 2015


Life with the twins can be a roller coaster. They have moments when they are each others best friends and so loving to each other then they are worst enemies and fighting each other. It is the loving moments that make it all worth it. This picture was taken while they were watching a film. Taylor had his head on Isabella's lap and she was playing with his hair and stroking his head.

Tuesday 25th August 2015


Tuesday was injection day for the twins. I will admit to worrying about it. But I am delighted to say that I really did not need to. We were so proud of them both. Before we went on holiday the twins came with me to the vets when I took Dotty for her booster and I had told them why we have injections in preparation for theirs. On the way to the doctors they were even quite excited as I told them that Dr Ranj and Doc McStuffins give injections and we all need them so that we do not get poorly. When we went in to see the nurse she was brilliant with them. As they were about to have it I popped a little piece of chocolate in their mouths and we had no problems! They did fantastic, even the nurse was amazed by how well they had done.

Wednesday 26th August 2015


This is definitely one of my most favourite pictures of Isabella. It was taken when we took the dogs for a walk down the lane when hubby got home from work. As always Dotty the cat walked all the way with us. Isabella stopped and said to me "Mummy take a picture of me with Dotty!" and this was the picture. I love it!

Thursday 27th August 2015




The twins really are ready to return to nursery. Last Sunday Isabella put on her uniform in the morning and on Thursday it was Taylor's turn to want his uniform on. Everyday they have been asking "is it time to go to school yet?". I just hope that they are still happy to go next week!

Friday 28th August 2015



Friday was the day that we could go and collect the new cars! Wow I absolutely adore the new family car! The hubby even traded in his beloved Volvo for a little run around for work so that we could get the new bigger car. I keep looking out the window at it, this is the first time I have had a brand new car!

Saturday 29th August 2015


On Saturday the twins and Joseph were out at a birthday party for 2 and a half hours. Therefore all of the pictures that I took were for my blog. This is a picture of a review and recipe that I looking forward to writing!

As I mentioned before, this week I am hosting #TWTWC for Hannah. If you want to check the rules you can see them all here. I look forward to reading about your The Week That Was Captured posts!

I am also sharing my Project365 with:

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

Running in Lavender
Tinyfootsteps
TWTWC

13 comments:

  1. I adore that photo of Isabella and Dotty cat. No wonder it's one of your faves. Gorgeous. :)

    Thanks for hosting #twtwc

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm utterly useless at crochet, but I love knitting! Those cars look fabulous, happy driving!
    Thanks for hosting #TWTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures, especially the one from Wednesday. Her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love the picture of Dotty, my cat used to come on walks with us when I was little. I've heard so many good things about crochet, glad you've found a hobby that's for you. Thanks so much for hosting X

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new car - wow i would be looking at it all of the time too!
    glad the twins jabs went ok - its horrid seeing them cry in pain. a lot of bloggers seem to be enjoying crochet at the moment - i can see why it must be relaxing and very satisfying at the same time x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to learn how to crochet, I used to cross stitch (badly) and found it so relaxing. I love you new car, we are saving up for a new one and I can't wait to go and choose one. The twins sound so brave with their jabs, I am always so nervous before Oliver's!
    Thanks so much for hosting #TWTWC lovely
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the pics. SO glad to see someone else admit they are looking forward to their kids going back to school and getting back to routine, I thought it was just me! Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely photo of the twins on the sofa, mine do exactly the same one minute laughing at each other and then fighting over something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photo of the pair of them on the sofa, they really are cute together! I'm glad the injections went well, it's always a worry xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, I've started crocheting recently too! I was staying in Wales with my parents and I finally got my mum to give me some lessons and I love it! Your twins are so cute and the pictures of them are lovely. I hope they have a great time at nursery. Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, the photo of them on the sofa is just lovely. So sweet to see the relationship between them. I've thought about taking up crochet but there just isn't enough time in the day. I used to knit a bit, but the cost and time investment was too much for me. I loved cross stitch though, and it was perfect for sitting in front of the TV or listening to an audiobook, and it had the same calming effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure I used to be able to crochet as a child, I should really try again so I can teach the girls! Thank you for joining in #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a good suggestion by Isabella, great picture, our cat use to come a walk with us as well.
    Glad the injections went ok, it does help to prepare them, smart move I would say.
    Love the cuddly one, the gruesome twosome are the same, from loving to fighting in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x