Monday 28 September 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 28th September 2015

Last week saw me restart Slimming World and think more about what I was eating. What I love about Slimming World is that it is a 'diet' that can be adapted easily for the whole family! There was only a couple of times that I had to slightly change a meal for me to fit in with the diet. But that was easily done. Like when everyone else had pie I simply removed the pastry from my portion!

I have really found that meal planning has helped me stay on track this week. So from now on I am not only going to plan our evening meals but I am also going to plan my lunches. I find that when I do not know what to do for my lunch I'll have bread or grab a packet of crisps which leave me hungry in the afternoon and I end up eating biscuits or chocolate or sometimes both! Within my lunch time meal plans I am also going to plan for the twins lunches. I have found last week I made them lunches that I could also eat and the three of us sat together at the table and it was a lovely bit of mummy twin time, which cannot be beaten!

This week is also going to be about getting the meat that is in the freezer down so that I can do a trip to the market to visit the butchers in the next week or two. I often find that I am left with bits that I thought were a good idea to get or a good bargain and then find myself stuck with what to do with it. So this week I will be using as much out of the freezer as possible.

These are the recipes that I shared last week...
This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 28th September 2015

Monday 28th September 2015

Lunch - Homegrown tomato and roasted pepper soup (with bread for the twins)

Dinner - Tuna Pasta Bake - This is a good old easy family favourite which usually contains just tuna and sweetcorn, but as I am eating better I will be adding more vegetables this week. For the family I will also be serving some garlic bread.

Tuesday 29th September 2015

Lunch - Either leftover pasta if there is any or leftover soup

Dinner - Pork Meatballs - While going through my freezer I found some pork mince and the perfect thing for pork mince has to be meatballs. They will be served with Actifry cubed potatoes and cooked with a variety of vegetables.

Wednesday 30th September 2015

Lunch - Jacket potatoes and cottage cheese for me and melted cheddar for the twins

Dinner - Beef Stew - I also found some casserole beef while going through my freezer and this is the perfect time of year for a good old stew! I will make dumplings for everyone else but obviously not for me!

Thursday 1st October 2015 (I can't believe it is October already!)

Lunch - Smoked salmon salad for me and cheese toasties for the twins

Dinner - Roast bacon joint with beans, mushrooms, Actify potatoes, eggs and tomatoes. This is a bit of a breakie dinner but I will have mine with turkey rashers instead of bacon.

Friday 2nd October 2015

Lunch - Veggie omelet for me and cheesey ones for the twins

Dinner - Fish Friday! This week we will be having some tempura battered basa that I found on my shopping trip to Aldi. It was my first visit to Aldi and I will be publishing my post about my experience and a recipe tomorrow!

Saturday 3rd October 2015

Lunch - Salad

Dinner - Haggis neaps and tatties!

As always I am sharing with At Home with Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png


7 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Tuna Pasta Bake is always a favourite here. I always shop at Aldi here for the basics, so much cheaper than the name supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great using up the bits of meat in the freezer, isn't it! I've been doing that recently too. I love the sound of your meal plan for the week. xxx #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork meatballs is a favourite here, the kids love to help make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minced beef pie looks awesome, love the excitement of finding some meat that you'd forgotten even existed in the freezer. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely meal plan, I love how easy it is to adapt meals when you're doing slimming world #MealPlanningMonday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same if I don't plan my lunches, I skip and then snack which is fatal I find for SW. This week I'm doing a batch of my orzotto so it's in the fridge and just needs warming up. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organised planning your lunches too! I need to eat better lunches. Mine usually consist of fried food or sandwiches....Everything sounds delicious! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x