Saturday 26 September 2015

20th September - 26th September 2015 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

This week has seen some lovely autumnal weather. For once it has been dry, a bit cold, but sunny! This has meant that we have been able to enjoy lots of fresh air on the school run and me taking the dogs out for more walks.

Last weekend ended with a family birthday dinner for Joseph which had to include cake! The rest of the week has seen blue skies, food, new shopping experiences and flowers!

Here is our week in pictures...

Sunday 20th September 2015


Sunday's picture had to be of Joseph's cake. Even though the decorations on the top did not go to plan I was pleased with the cake itself.

Monday 21st September 2015


Monday was my catch up day. I always like to catch up on the housework after the weekend. Therefore all of my pictures were of food! This is my Organic Mince Beef Pie.

Tuesday 22nd September 2015


Tuesday was a glorious morning. Even though it was sunny, there was a definite autumnal feeling in the cool air. This was taken on my morning walk, after the school run, with the dogs.

Wednesday 23rd September 2015


On Wednesday I did my first weekly shop at Aldi. I will admit that I have never done my shopping there before and really did go feeling quite apprehensive. This shopping trip was done for a blog post that will be live on Tuesday. As you can see from the trolley it really was a successful shopping trip!

Thursday 24th September 2015


On the walk home from school on Thursday the twins made various stops to pick flowers. They stuffed my pockets with dandelions and daisies. Any flower from a child is simply given with love!

Friday 25th September 2015


On Friday morning while the twins were at nursery I had the morning out. I didn't go anywhere exciting, only to our local M&S food and the pet shop but I do enjoy going out on my own. It means I can listen to my music as opposed to either Frozen or Despicable Me soundtracks, I can have it on as loud as I like and I can sing without anyone moaning! I took this picture of my favourite album at the moment along with the label on my new jumper! If you know the label Drop Dead and know who Bring Me The Horizon are you will know the connection between the two!

Saturday 26th September 2015


Saturday was a bit of a lazy day. The twins were still full of cold and coughing and really did not want to do much. So for the most of Saturday we had cuddles. The hubby cut me these lovely flowers from the garden that he had grown. They certainly brightened up my day.

As always I am sharing with...


Running in Lavender
The Freerange Family
Tinyfootsteps

13 comments:

  1. Fab photos! That cake looks fab! It makes me think of Minecraft! lol The kids have brainwashed me!
    Aldi is awesome.....I wish there was one closer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looks lovely for those autumn evenings. I usually use Aldi for a top up shop, but the other year I did my Christmas shop there because I couldn't get my car off the drive due to snow. I was pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that cake looks amazing, how lovely to have such wonderful flowers growing in the garden to be able to pick

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours and patterns of Joseph's cake - was it a minecraft themed cake? or is that football colours?
    i went to Aldi for the first time end of last year and it was better than i had thought
    hope you have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cakes looks amazing!!!! I need to learn how to make them like this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a photo a day for a year - what a lovely way to document your life. And the cake - wow! My mouth was watering when I saw it. xxx #busydoinglife

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake does look amazing. Yummy! I love the fact that the twins picked you lots of flowers. Cute! And the colours in those flowers from your garden is sensational. They would make anyone smile. Hugs Mrs H xxxx #MyCapturedMomeny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your food pictures always make me feel hungry!! Ooh and I'm off now to read your Aldi post, I recently did a post with Lidl and was so impressed with their products that I've been back there a lot since. Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree the bright mornings can be nippy but lead to a lovely day so worth it. It is nice to get some me time, I enjoy the radio on in the car as well.
    Cake looks amazing, must have taken a fair amount of work, I have only tried checkerboard with square cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cake looks impressive. I wish I had your cake making skills!! :)

    I have never shopped at Aldi ever so I will be interested to read your post about it. Looks like you did well anyway. :)

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shadow shot and the flowers (both the dandelion and the cut ones!). Love the checkerboard cake... haven't tried one of those yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful collection of pictures! So much love and happiness! I love recieving flowers but flowers from the children are always extra special and having flowers grown especially for you... well that is just on another level!!! Thankyou so much for sharing with me at #busydoinglife it is lovely to have you joining in! I will try and link up to this linky soon it's such a lovely idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cake looks amazing, I cant figure out how you did it!! Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x