Tuesday 18 March 2014

Point + Shoot and How Does Your Garden Grow - 15th - 16th March 2014

Over the weekend we had a busy day out and about.
Then a busy garden and baking day at home.
On Saturday we went to see my Nanna. Since loosing my Grandad in August the garden has been an area which always moves me. Their garden contains so many memories for me. It is where my Grandad spent many an day, pottering about, having some quiet time and just generally enjoying his garden. It was his pride and joy. I don't think he often knew exactly what he was doing and often planted bed and built things willy nilly, but he enjoyed it.
I have memories of riding around the garden on his sit on lawn mower, playing hide and seek with him and picking apples.
I have memories of Joseph doing as I did with his Gramps.
I have memories of my Grandad. In the garden I feel closer to him, this is the place that he loved and the place where I have shed many a tear for him.
I am stronger now and am able to enjoy the garden.

So many memories
On Sunday we enjoyed our own garden.
When we moved in, 15 months ago, the first two thirds of the garden was just a lawn. Last year we spent a lot of time adding beds, planting bulbs and making the garden our own.
Now that it is Spring we are enjoying seeing the plants come to life.
Joseph spent the morning helping hubby clean the two cars whilst the twins and I were inside baking and playing.
After the hubby managed to give the lawn its first cut of the year it was time for the twins to enjoy the sun that we had.
We have only just started to make the garden into our dream garden. I am sure that over the year it will continue to change a lot more!

Outdoor fun


My little ray of sunshine


My lovely little lady

Our cherry trees are coming back to life

Our daffodils in bloom

Lovely homegrown broccoli

Looking forward to having fresh olives

Some Lupins that we have grown from seed
have started to flower


I am sharing this post with Snowing Indoors Point + Shoot take a look how they enjoyed their weekend.

Point+Shoot_snowingindoors.com
 


I am also sharing this post with Mammasaurus How Does Your Garden Grow? take a look at her beautiful photographs of blossom and other bloggers gardens!

Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

31 comments:

  1. Your garden looks gorgeous, my parents grow olives in their back garden too and say they work really well, just watch out for the birds stealing them all!!

    Thanks for joining in with Point + Shoot xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw sorry you lost gramps :( he had a lovely big garden, your garden is lovely and big too i bet the tots love running round in that. well gel of the broccoli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Your garden looks lovely. #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely gardens, we have a small one and for now im quite have with that as im the only one who is doing gardening, and as im pregnant it is a bit hard now

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pics gardens are the best place for letting oyur little ones explore and have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful pics! Our garden needs lots of work this summer, but would definitely like to try growing olives next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gardens are very special aren't they? They hold memories in ways that nowhere else can: the heat of the sun, the smells and the sounds. I love this time of year and it looks like there is lots of exciting new growth in your garden. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmmmmm broccoli! I adore the sun in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gardens are really special, aren't they? My parents moved a couple of years ago away from their larger home with an acre of land. It was my dad's pride and joy, a veggie patch, rockery, orchard etc and I found it very traumatic saying goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been so lovely being able to get out and about in the sunshine hasnt it! Lovely gardens and nice to see the shoots of new growth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah thank you for joining in! There's a new linky up tomorrow so it might be worth re-joining in that one too lest the others missed spying you :)

    Garden really are magical places - I still remember my parents garden growing up. Therapeutic and moving. So glad you managed to get some time enjoying your own garden in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your grandad, my grandad has the onset of dementia now and doesn't go out in the garden anymore but I have wonderful memories of him as a child in his veg patch. Looks like you've been enjoying the lovely sunny weather. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden looks gorgeous, I am suitably jealous!! Broccoli looks very cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden looks fab. We need to get our sorted out before the weather improves x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think a garden is always a work in progress isn't it! So lovely to be able to have space outside for the children to play.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry about your granddad, what a wonderful garden he has. It must be nice to visit and feel like he's there somewhere. It so lovely that Spring is finally here now and we can enjoy our own gardens more. Lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear about your Gramps - so nice you have somewhere so lovely to feel close to him

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry about your granddad. I hope you are ok.
    The garden is so gorgeous and it is great to have something this lovely to remember him by.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow what a lovely garden you have - it is so nice to see the flowers and trees coming back to life. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the hedge at the back with the doorway to it......almost like a secret garden.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed coming by and looking at your garden. Green is good! So pretty too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. aren't the daffodils so cheery! love the light in these pics x

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sunny! Awww I wish I have a space as big as yours =)

    #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is one awesome looking homegrown broccoli! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww, lots of fun and gorgeousness in the garden! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What gorgeous photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely gardens, the hedge with the archway is fab, if framed in fairy lights, it would look so magical at night!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You garden is wonderful and what lovely memories for you all in your granddads garden. I have find memories in my grandmas garden x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your photos and what great linky's!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Some of my fondest memories are also in gardens - my grandparents old garden was full of life and had some lovely nooks and crannies that I could hide in from my nan.

    Thanks for reminding me :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  31. sounds like a fun memory filled day. sorry to hear about your grandad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x