Friday 28 March 2014

Leftover Chocolate Cookies

When I was looking through the cupboards the other day I noticed how we still had some chocolate treats left over from Christmas.
 
The yummy ones always go first and then we are left with the usual ones that we are really keen on. I hate to waste them so I thought I'd use them up in some cookies.
 
The basic cookie recipe is one that I have always used out of an old Be-Ro book that was given to me from my Nanna.
 
This is what I did...
 
Leftover Chocolate Cookies
 
Ingredients
 
100g baking spread/butter
75g light brown muscovado sugar
175g plain flour
2tbsp golden syrup
2-3tbsp milk
Leftover mini chocolate bars/Easter eggs/Chocolate treats
 
Method
 
Pre heat the oven to 180C
 
1 - Soften the baking spread
 
2 - Add the sugar ad mix until creamy and light
 
3 - Add the golden syrup and flour and mix until starting to come together
 
4 - Add the milk a tablespoon at a time until you get a dough consistency
 
5 - Add as much or as little chocolate as you wish. I have use 6 mini Mars bars and 6 mini Milky Way bars chopped up
 
 

6 - Place some baking paper onto a baking tray and place small balls of the cookie dough on, making sure there is sufficient room to spread. Make sure that the chocolate pieces are covered in the cookie dough, if not the chocolate will spill out!
 
7 - Bake for 8 - 12 minutes depending on the size of cookies remove immediately from the hot tray and allow to cool
 
These a delicious cookies and I was pleased to see that they were enjoyed. In fact they were enjoyed so much they were all eaten in the same day I baked them!
 
I have also found some Quality Street chocolate which need using and I am going to try using them to get some different flavours into the cookies.
 
They really are a versatile biscuit and you can add whatever chocolate you have to hand. They are also a great way to use up any Easter eggs that will probably be left over after the holidays!
 
Enjoy x
 

26 comments:

  1. Fab idea!!! I hate wasting food too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, these look delicious...although I'm not sure there'll ever be any 'leftover' chocolate in out house as it all gets demolished too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy! And very easy to adapt to suit my food intolerances. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy thank you. Now I just need to actually have some left over chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll put the kettle on and you bring them round - deal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the title and thought 'how on earth do you have leftover cookies'? And then I realised what you meant. The milky ways are always the last to go in the celebrations in our house too. What a great idea though - some of the sweeties that get left in the box will get snapped up in cookie or muffin form - will have to try this :-)
    Love Vicky
    http://www.aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delightful - I like the shot of all the mini choc bars. I could scoff those all up in one go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have leftover chocolate too, must get it eaten before the Easter lot arrives! These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leftover chocolate? That's unheard of in our house lol! The cookies look delicious though xxx

    Vikki @ Love From Mummy - UK Parenting Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh great idea...we have some left over quality street! May have to try the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds super tasty! I love chocolate bakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea although here is never any left over chocolate left in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look and sound amazing. Not that we ever seem to have any leftover chocolates....

    ReplyDelete
  14. The look fab me and my daughter do some like that and are so nice .x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious!! I could fancy one of these right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look fab, but I nearly choked when I read the words "leftover chocolate" which is an oxymoron in this house with Maxi

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look delicious - we add those sweets to chocolate brownies too x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy! I had never thought of using left over chocolate, we always have the borings ones left over at xmas haha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing the recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great way to get rid of the leftover chocolates - the milky ways and mars are the ones that get left behind in our house too! #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a good idea and good way to use left over chocolate thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum, they look seriously scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea - we always have the least fave chocs left over!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Baked a batch at the weekend with help from my 3yo girl to rid her chocolate egg mountain. Simple store cupboard ingredients and really easy. Turned out perfect and delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These look amazing, we've got some Easter chocolate still lurking. May have to give these a go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x