Monday 3 March 2014

Breakfast Muesli Bread

This week hubby brought home a cook book which is full of delicious recipes that I am looking forward to trying.
That book is Scandilicious by Signe Johansen
This is not an author that I have seen before but after flicking through the first couple of recipes I was drawn straight in and my baking plans started!
One of the breads that hubby had pointed out was a Muesli Bread.
When I looked at the ingredients there were quite a few that I didn't have, but I knew that I could change a couple of ingredients and add a few which would make a delicious breakfast loaf.
This is what I got...

Muesli Bread

Ingredients

150g muesli
150mls double cream
450g strong white bread flour
25g rye flour
25g desiccated coconut
1tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
7g yeast
2tbsp golden syrup
250mls warm water
6 soft apricots, chopped
4 dates, chopped
20g goji berries
75g dried mixed fruit with candied peel
1 egg
1tsp honey

Method

1 - Soak the muesli in the cream.

2 - Place the flour, rye flour, desiccated coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and golden syrup into a bowl.

3 - Add the salt to one side of he bowl and the yeast on the other.

4 - Add the muesli and cream, warm water and mix. I used my mixer with the dough hook. As the dough comes together if you need a extra water add some a teaspoon at a time until all of the flour has been gathered up off the side of the bowl.

5 - Leave to mix for about 10 minutes until the dough has an elasticity feel.

6 - Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and leave to prove for about 90 minutes or until doubled in size.

7 - Once the dough has proved knock any air out of it and flatten it out.

8 - Scatter over the fruits and knead in to mix evenly.

 

9 - Re shape the loaf, place on a baking tray, cover over and leave to prove until doubled in size again. While the dough is proving pre heat the oven to 200C.

10 - Mix the honey with the beaten egg and brush over the loaf before putting in the oven and sprinkle over a handful of muesli oats.

11 - Place in the oven and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes.

This bread is delicious when served warm with butter. A perfect breakfast loaf.
Enjoy x


I am sharing this post with Keynko's 52 Cook Books. Check out the delicious looking and sounding Date Slices at Keynko 52 Cook Books

Keynko A Crafty Family
 
 

57 comments:

  1. Oh yum, that looks so good. More interesting than a bowl of muesli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the muesli really adds depth to the bread

      Delete
  2. Yum - looks lovely. I could quite honestly live on dried fruit, nuts and seeds <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was pleased with how it turned out :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow, sounds like a book I will be buying once things settle for us, yumminess galore :-)
    Great alternative for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i've never heard of museli bread! will have to give this a go one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd not thought about adding muesli either until I saw this!

      Delete
  6. Ooh yummy, I really want that now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) it is good, its been my mid morning treat with a nice coffee while the twins nap!

      Delete
  7. Your bread looks delicious. It uses a lot of ingredients but looks well worth the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth it and the fruits can be changed according to taste

      Delete
  8. ooo that looks delish #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks yummy, I'd love to try and make this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely. I've never tried making bread but this seems a lot easier than I thought. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is a great way to use up some muesli clever mummy

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds really interesting, not heard of muesli bread before:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it either until seeing it in the book, it is a lovely breakfast bread

      Delete
  13. I have seen a recipe for museli bread in our breadmaker book but haven't tried it yet. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that looks nice, and not too complicated, I think I might give it a go! #bloglove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it you'll have to let me know what you think :-)

      Delete
  15. Love the title of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this book is on my list to buy, muesli bread (love any bread!) looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are some delicious looking recipes!

      Delete
  17. Great book title and this muesli bread looks absolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lovely book, can't wait to try more bakes :-)

      Delete
  18. That looks really yummy. Great way to eat museli.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have this book but can't decide which one to cook (yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo yummy - I wouldn't mind a warm slice of this in the morning...or afternoon....or evening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow that looks so good! I might have to see if I can convince my Mum she needs to help me make some (sadly I can't do too much baking alone) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell her its not hard just time consuming waiting for the dough to prove. Hope you can persuade her, it is worth the time x

      Delete
  22. That looks delicious, love making my own bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bread making too, has to be my favourite thing to bake!

      Delete
  23. Wow! Looks super delicious ;) Shame I'm not a bread maker ;(

    ReplyDelete
  24. this looks delicious! I've not tried making my own bread but i think that this has inspired me to give it a go. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go, I've not bought shop bread since!

      Delete
  25. That looks yummy, and since I'm starting the healthy diet I could sneak it into my menu :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Its got fruit and oats in so it must be good for you :-)

      Delete
  26. I love museli. never had it in bread though but sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't until I made this but it adds a lovely depth to the bread :-)

      Delete
  27. OH my, that looks WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy! That is all i have to say ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x