Monday 31 March 2014

Point + Shoot - 29th - 30th March 2014

We have had a lovely weekend with lots of garden time thanks to the good weather.

On Saturday, after Josephs weekly swimming lesson, we went school shoes shopping before enjoying the afternoon in the garden.

The twins have got a fantastic Rokka Play Cornish Boat which I finally got round to putting together for them. It is such a great piece of play equipment. When it is placed as it is in the picture it is a lovely rocking boat complete with sail. However when it is the other way up it is a great little picnic bench for them to either enjoy lunch or a snack or for crafty play outside. I am over the moon with it and I am sure that the twins will get many hours of fun from it.

Hubby and his little helper, Joseph, started preparing beds in the vegetable garden. While I got some baking done in preparation for the mothers day dessert I had offered to make for my mum.

As it was such a lovely day our meal plans changed to a BBQ. However, by tea time it had cooled off a little so it was cooked outside but enjoyed inside.

We finished Saturday off as we always do, with family time for Joseph. Once the twins are tucked up in bed we all sit and watch a film and give him some much needed attention!

 



Sunday, as we know, was Mothers Day. This year I got a gift which I am going to treasure for years to come. The hubby and children gave me a beautiful magnolia for the garden. I am going to watch this grow with my children. I have told hubby that we can't move, ever, as I am not going to leave this special plant! We pottered about in the morning, hubby and Joseph were in the garden, the twins had a play outside, I blogged and relaxed! We went out for a walk and spent the afternoon at my parents. They had brought my Nanna over for a meal so it was lovely spending time with them. We didn't do anything 'special' as the hubby said later on, but my reply to him was that I don't need to do anything 'special' the day had been special as I had been with him and our children. This made it special as we were all together.











I am sharing my week with Snowing Indoors Point + Shoot



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos and looks like you all had a really lovely weekend spending time together! xxx

    Vikki @ Love From Mummy - UK Parenting Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that strawberry cake looks amazing! Loving the garden shots - it's true, Spring really is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Magnolia :) Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day. My twins used to have the "Little Life" rucksack reins too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely set of photographs! I love the little backpack reins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the idea of those bags , looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a lovely weekend hun. I love the ladybird backpack/reins I want to get one for Baby as she will be on the move soon. I am glad you enjoyed some time in the garden x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab hubby you have, I think I am going to have to drop a few hints about plants for the garden they give so much pleasure year after year. My husband is good with his gifts, but plants are a little outside his comfort zone I think! That Rokka boat looks great too and rather perfect for two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like s lovely family oriented weekend,the best sort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely magnolia tree! Can't wait to buy one for myself ;) Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful mothers day and the plant is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely weekend it looks like you've had - I love your cards x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore that boat......shall be looking into that one for mine too. I really want a magnolia tree but no idea where we could put it

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful cake!
    I bet it was extremely tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x