Monday 31 March 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 31st March 2014

Last week I did really well with our meal plan. There was only one meal that I didn't make and had something completely different. That was because we enjoyed the sunshine and had a BBQ instead!

The pulled pork last week was a huge success. I didn't get round to making the pork lasagne thanks to a lack of time and a clingy toddler but we did have a lovely pulled pork pasta dish. Out of the one piece of pork I came up with 3 Pulled Pork Meals .

This week I have one less meal to plan as the hubby is taking me to the Cake and Bake show in Manchester *squeals excitedly* on Friday so I think that we are going to finish our day out with a take away.

We have just completed the last week of the Guardians Live Better Challenge for food waste and I can honestly say that we have reduced the amount of food that we are throwing away which is great! We have got into the habit now of not throwing foods straight away, we are now looking and thinking of how we could use them before binning! This next month the focus is on energy consumption. With the amount of baking that I do this really will be a challenge!

This week I am planning to cook 2 vegetarian meals, that is if the hubby and Joseph do not moan! I am wanting to do this for a couple of reasons but mainly to get some more goodness inside all of us. But also I have been feeling a bit bloated this last week so it'll also help to loose a few pounds in time for summer! I do enjoy vegetarian food so it will make a nice change.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 31st March 2014

Bolognese Pasta Bake

After the weekend I always like to have a light meals at the beginning of the week. I make a bolognese sauce and bake with a cheese topping.

Vegetable and Pearl Barley Risotto

This is a new dish for us. I have got some root vegetables (carrots, swede, parsnips) in the fridge so I think that I am going to chop them up and cook in some vegetable stock and use pearl barley instead of arborio rice.

Sausages and Mash

As hubby and Joseph enjoyed sausages so much last week, I will be cooking them again. Also, if truth be known, I bought two different varieties of sausage last time I went to the market to try. So this week we will be trying the pork and black pudding variety.

Sweet Potato Bake

I will be making this on Thursday and will be using up any used vegetables that may be in the fridge before I get my fresh delivery of vegetables on Friday. I am going to layer the sweet potato with the other vegetables and bake in a cheese and mustard sauce.

Homemade Pizza

This week on Saturday I am planning to make some homemade pizzas for our family night.

Have a great week x

 
I am sharing my weekly meal plan with At Home With Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday

Meal Planning Monday

7 comments:

  1. Fab meal plan, love the sound of the sweet potato bake x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pork and black pudding sausages, so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, lots of tasty things on your meal plan this week. The sweet potato bake sounds really good! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All sounds lovely, like the idea of the pearl barley. I sometimes use spelt to make a risotto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great meal plan! Everything sounds fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yum, we love a baked bolognese here, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x