Saturday 11 June 2016

5th June - 10th June 2016 - One Picture Every Week For One Year

This week has seen the children return to school and us get back into our regular routine after our holidays. It has been an exhausting week, with muggy nights combined with early morning we have been wiped out. But we have got through and another week has flown by!

Here is my week in pictures...

Sunday 5th June 2016


On Sunday we arrived home after our holiday. We had a good journey and it was lovely to be back home! While going through the post that had arrived while we were away I was pleased to find my new Jamberry cards and note book!

Monday 6th June 2016


While we were in Scotland we had haggis which we already love but were delighted to find that the twins also love it. On the way home on the Saturday we called into Gretna Green and while we were there I bought a haggis to bring home so that was Monday nights meal, haggis, neeps and tatties!

Tuesday 7th June 2016


On Monday I baked some cakes for my "happy birthday Queen" cake and on Tuesday I decorated it and this was the finished cake!

Wednesday 8th June 2016


This was the only picture that I took on Wednesday. But there is quite a story behind this picture. I have been struggling to get some tablets for the hubby and ended up ringing around chemists in the area to get some. I eventually found some at this chemist. The chemist was in an area that my Grandad used to own shops in. When I arrived I was amazed to see that where my Grandad's hairdressers once was, it was now a chemist! It was bizarre walking in thinking that my Grandad used to own it and I used to have my hair done here!

Thursday 9th June 2016


Thursday was my cousins 21st birthday so as we were going I changed my nail wraps to these beautiful Butterfly Bliss wraps!

Friday 10th June 2016


On Friday we had the hubby at home. We were supposed to be having our new hall and stairs carpet fitted after J's disaster with the water. Unfortunately the fitters got delayed and it was too late to come so we now have to wait until Tuesday! But it was nice having the hubby home!

As always I am sharing my week in pictures with...


TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky
What Katy Said
Running in Lavender

9 comments:

  1. I have said that the first week back after the school holidays is so hard...
    The Queens birthday cake looks fab! I bet that didn't last long.
    Your nails are beautiful.
    Oh no. How frustrating having to wait to get the carpets fitted. Good luck. I hope it all goes to plan on Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all tired here too. So glad you had a wonderful holiday and your nails look fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterfly nails, I'm yet to try Jamberry, but they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks delicious, I love all your cake creations Kirsty, this muggy weather is awful, I wouldn't mind if it was sunny and hot but cloudy and hot isn't comfortable at all I have been so hot at night, bring on hot sunny weather, not this humid sticky weather we have now x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterfly nails are so pretty Kirsty. And that cake - mmmmm it looks so good! very appropriate for a special royal birthday! I hope you have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. shame about the carpet fitting being delayed, bet you will glad when it is done and you can get back to normal.
    I find haggis too spicy for my liking, so a strange taste for the twins to like, but good on them.
    Nice pic of hubby with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy reading about your week in pictures. That cake looks so gorgeous, I could really do with a slice right now! Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah I hope you've had the carpet laid by now. Your nails are looking fab hun, really need to sort mine out - they are a wreck at the moment. Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nails look fabulous! I hope you've got lovely new carpets now. Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x