Wednesday 29 June 2016

Cheesey Courgette Fritters with Cathedral City Cheddar

I will hold my hands up, I am a cheese lover!

I simply adore a good cheese and love how cheese can transform a meal in minutes and, with my children, when cheese is added they will eat anything!

Cathedral City, the nations favourite cheese, have recently started their "Love Cheese? Join the Club" campaign. The campaign features adverts that state the rules of cheese. Here is an example of just one rule...


Being a family of cheese lovers we often have arguments over who gets the nacho with the most cheese! Cathedral City have come up with a list of cheese rules. I thought I would share some of them with you along with my cheesey confessions...
  • The bit of cheese that is too awkward to grate must be eaten - This is one that I always follow!
  • Crispy bits are irresistible, absolutely no effort should be made to resist - I will admit to often pinching those bits before serving dinner!
  • You might feel guilty after multiple visits to the cheeseboard, don't! - I never feel guilty for enjoying a good cheeseboard and enjoy it even more with a glass of wine!
For me and my family cheese is an essential product that is always found in our fridge. Adding distinctive, smooth and creamy Cathedral City to a dish is the perfect way to get reluctant children eating a a meal. It is amazing what some melted cheese can do! Whether it is grated on top of a cottage pie, added to fajitas or melted onto a pasta bake, cheese adds something special to a meal.


Today I am going to share a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a light lunch or to serve with jacket potatoes and salad for an evening meal.

This is what I did...




Cheesey Courgette Fritters

Ingredients - Serves 5

1 courgette, grated
1 onion grated
1 carrot, grated
100g Cathedral City cheddar, either Extra Mature or Vintage for fuller flavour, grated
8 eggs
1/2 tsp parsley
Salt and pepper to season

Method

1 - Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat together with the parsley and salt and pepper to season according to taste


2 - Add the grated courgette, carrot, onion and Cathedral City cheddar


3 - Mix together thoroughly


4 - Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat

5 - Using spray oil lightly cover the pan with oil

6 - For small fritters, perfect for children, use a tablespoon of mixture per fritter. For larger, omelette sized fritters use a ladle

7 - Cook for a couple of minutes on each side, keeping them in a warm oven until ready to serve


Cathedral City have recently conducted a survey to see how much we really love cheese! This is what they found out...
  • 21% of people who took part in the survey love cheese more than social media!
  • 55% of people prefer to finish a meal with a cheeseboard as opposed to a sweet treat
  • Almost 85% prefer a home cooked meal to eating out
  • 65% prefer to enjoy a meal with friends or family
  • 46% prefer to sit around the table while eating, making it a social time
  • 43% would rather enjoy their favourite meal on a Saturday
Cathedral City are giving cheese fans the chance of winning a years supply of cheese made at their Cornish creamery using milk from dedicated West Country farmers and seeing how much you really love cheese by answering a few questions. I took part and have been rated as a "Genuine Cheese Lover" and even had my picture printed on some cheese on toast!
To get your picture on toast and to be in with the chance of winning visit the Cathedral City Facebook page.

How do you enjoy your cheese? What are your cheese rules?

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post


CookBlogShare

9 comments:

  1. Oooooh these look AWESOME! I love anything stuffed full of cheese particularly cathedral city. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look amazing, we love cathedral city x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy, I love cheddar cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always by Cathedral City, it's my favourite and there are always offers on in Co-Op. Tasty looking recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a scrummy idea! We're massive fans of cheese :) Catherdral City is our favourite mature cheddar :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a huge cheese fan, but my children are. We enjoy strong cheese so Cathedral City suits us and we always go for the mature cheddar.
    You can not beat a cheese on toast snack, or my children take it to school in chunks with cut up cucumber and carrot sticks too.
    Great recipe idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh yummy!! I do love Cathedral City, I'm not a massive 'cheese' fan but Cathedral City always hits the spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these look amazing - trying to eat more healthily but I am a lazy cook so anything thats quick is a winner

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so delicious - we love cheese in our house! The children would love these too. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x