Friday 17 June 2016

BBQ Soup with New Covent Garden Soup Co



Soup is delicious at anytime of year, but this year New Covent Garden Soup Co are urging people to not just cook sausages and burgers on their barbecues but also some soup!

New Covent Garden Soup Co are deliciously fresh soups that are not only so full of flavour but are also a versatile ingredient. With your favourite New Covent Garden Soup Co flavour combination you can easily create a tasty side dish or revamp your vegetable skewers.

Today I am going to share with you a pasta dish that has been a huge success in our house. It is so quick and easy to make and is a delicious side dish, or a main meal.

For my recipe I have used New Covent Garden Soup Co Slow Roast Tomato. Their slow roast tomato, basil and balsamic vinegar soup goes perfectly with pasta. This soup is full of the flavours of the Mediterranean. To create the soup the cooks at New Covent Garden Soup Co have used a mixture of slow roasted and sun dried tomatoes which gives this soup a real depth of flavour. They then add garlic, basil and finished with balsamic vinegar to produce a "blissfully smooth bowl of rich soup". It also contains 2 of your recommended 5 a day!

This is what I did...

Slow Roast Tomato and BBQ Tuna Pasta

Ingredients

1 x 700g New Covent Garden Soup Co Slow Roast Tomato soup
250g pasta
2 tuna steaks or 1 tin of tuna
Parmesan

Method

1 - Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water for 8 minutes

2 - If you are cooking the dish on the barbecue grill the tuna steaks for about 5 minutes on either side or until thoroughly cooked

3 - Flake the tuna steak and add to the pasta, if you are using tinned tuna add it now

4 - Pour the Slow Roast Tomato soup and stir gently heat then serve with grated Parmesan 



In the dish I used tuna but it would also be perfect to cook using leftover barbecue meat. Whatever you add with the pasta New Covent Garden Soup Co help you to create a full of flavour dish. Perfect for summer!


Enjoy x


Disclosure: This is a collaborative post


CookBlogShare

16 comments:

  1. A very innovative way to use the soup in a pasta dish. Pasta looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, and a great way to enjoy soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsty, this slow roast tomato soup sounds really tasty. Basil and balsamic vinegar compliment the taste of tomatoes well.

    Using a soup as a sauce is a clever idea and would add a lovely taste, especially if the tuna is barbecued.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea, I love their soups, will have to give this a try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Covent Garden Co Soup! Great idea with the pasta.


    www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh now why have I never ever thought to do this, I love Covent garden soups x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought to do this before what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a tuna fan but I know my daughter will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fab! I knew you could use campbells soups as sauces but didnt even think about using any other kind of soup! I have to try this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a good idea to use the soup as a sauce! Simple as but I never would have thought of it. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way of enhancing the flavour of BBQ food even more. The soup sounds delicious too with all the tomato flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this brand of soup so I'll definitely have to try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, so...I've not had lunch and this look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good easy pasta dish. YUM! Thanks for linking with #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks delicious. We love tuna pasta in our house and generally have it every week if not every 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love putting Tuna in pasta, people think it's weird but it's really yummy. This looks very easy to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x