Thursday 16 June 2016

Fathers Day Cupcakes with Lindt

This Sunday is Fathers Day and the perfect time to spoil dad. What better way to treat dad than with some cake!

I was recently sent some delicious chocolates from Lindt to use in a recipe. However Lindt chocolates are perfect just as they are. They are the perfect sweet treat to add to the top of a cake. I was sent some boxes of Lindt selection to try.


If you are looking to get dad some chocolates this fathers day then I would thoroughly recommend going for the Lindt Selection. This delectable selection of milk, dark and white continental chocolates includes popular flavours made using the expertise of the Lindt Master Chocolatier. They are ideal for any occasion and is the perfect gift for those who simply want the best!

The selection comprises of 12 exquisite varieties of chocolate:
  • Hazelnut Praline Heart
  • Dark Hazelnut Cluster
  • Dark Wafer Pyramid
  • Smooth Melting Lindor
  • Dark Hazelnut Praline
  • Almond Praline and Cocoa Nibs
  • Dark Hazelnut and Orange Cluster
  • Milk Chocolate Meringue
  • Dark Coffee Intense
  • Luscious Velvety Caramel
  • White Hazelnut Praline
  • Crispy Almond Pyramid




Today I am going to share with you an easy chocolate cake recipe that is perfect for the little ones to help with.

This is what I did...

Chocolate Cupcake with Lindt

Ingredients

150g butter
150g light brown muscovado sugar
3 eggs
140g self raising flour
10g cocoa powder
2tbsp golden syrup
50g butter
250g Icing sugar
2tsp cocoa powder
12 Lindt Selection chocolates

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy

2 - Add the eggs, one a a time with a little flour to prevent curdling

3 - Mix in the remaining flour and cocoa powder

4 - Finally stir in the golden syrup

5 - Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases

6 - Place in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes

7 - Once thoroughly baked remove from the oven and allow to cool completely

8 - Once cooled prepare the butter icing by mixing the butter until smooth then gradually add the icing sugar. I have a double icing container if you want to use two colours of icing divide into two bowls and in one add the cocoa powder

9 - Decorate the cupcakes and finish by topping with a Lindt chocolate


These chocolate cakes are deliciously moist and the added golden syrup gives them a rich finish. If your dad loves chocolate cakes and Lindt chocolate why not make his day and give him a box of yummy cupcakes!


Enjoy x


Disclosure: I was sent 5 boxes of Lindt selection for the purpose of this post. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest. No cash payment was received.

13 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I love Lindt chocolate so I think these could be a treat everyone could share (sorry husband!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great - I'm sure they went down a treat with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look scrummy! Sadly I'm on slimming world so couldn't even resist the temptation to make them as I know I'd eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look absolutely amazing, but I wouldn't have been sharing my Lindt box with anything ha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I want to have one. My dad can't eat chocolate so I can't buy these for him. xx


    www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum ..This looks scrumptious!
    Fathers will be totally bowled by this beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! These look so delicious - can I have one please? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so relieved - thought you were going to melt those delicious chocolates for a second - these look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea. They look amazing. My steal this idea for a last minute baking session 2mo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kirsty these look so treaty and gorgeous photos x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolates and cupcakes - you can't go wrong :-) #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having given up sugar recently, I think I could possibly devour the whole lot of these at the moment :-) They look yummy! Thanks for linking with #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to eat all these cupcakes. These are looking delicious. If you are looking to purchase top quality Hard Candy Making Kits, visit candylandcrafts.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x