Tuesday 14 June 2016

Leftover Pulled Pork Pasta Bake with Aldi

Two weeks ago I shared my easy Pulled Pork recipe. Today I am going to share with you my delicious leftover pulled pork pasta bake.

Pulled pork is such a great, budget meal. The pork shoulder joint cost just £3.83 for 1.562kg! and provided us with 12 meals!


Today's recipe is made using leftover pulled pork, but if you do not have any leftovers Aldi have got some British Pulled Pork on offer until Wednesday! The beauty of this meal is that you can bulk out your leftovers with delicious vegetables and pasta to create this pasta bake. Aldi's Everyday Essentials pasta is priced at just 29p for 500g, that makes this a super cheap meal! At the moment mushrooms and peppers are in the Super 6 offer, making them only 69p!

This is what I did...

Leftover Pulled Pork Pasta Bake

Ingredients

Leftover pulled pork
1 red onion, chopped
180g tin sweetcorn, drained
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
200g mushrooms, chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
300g pasta penne
50g mature cheddar, grated
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp oregano

Method

1 - Cook the pasta as per instructions

2 - Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan

3 - Gently cook the onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly

4 - Add the pork, mushrooms and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes

5 - Add the chopped tomatoes and sweetcorn and gently bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes

6 - Once the pasta is cooked drain, add to the sauce and mix thoroughly

7 - Transfer to a serving dish, scatter over the grated cheese and place under a hot grill until the cheese has melted


This pasta has become a family favourite in our house. I love using leftovers, they make such flavoursome meals that everyone loves. This pasta is delicious served as it is or with a side salad or garlic bread.


Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

11 comments:

  1. Oh yum! My kids would seriously love this. You make it sound so easy to cook too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using up leftovers and pasta bakes are ideal for that aren't they - filling and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds lovely and would be devoured by my lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, think the family will enjoy this x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not tried to cook pulled poek but I do like it so must give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not one for me I'm afraid, I just don't like pork :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's anazing that the pork provided you with that many meals. Will defo give the recipe a go x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks incredibly yummy, i never think to make pasta with meat in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so delicious! I'm so hungry now x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My OH would die for this :-) He's obsessed with pulled pork :-) Thanks for linking with #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x