Tuesday 21 June 2016

Lime and White Chocolate Cake

For this week Aldi post I thought that I would share a delicious cake that I made on Fathers Day using the deliciously creamy Moser Roth Madagascan Vanilla Chocolate. But before I share my recipe with you, I want to tell you some news from Aldi!


Last week saw The Grocer Gold Awards 2016 take place. Aldi walked away with not just one award, but two! They were awarded The Grocer of the Year 2016 and Own Label Range of the Year for their baby brand Mamia. The judges acknowledged that Aldi offer responsibly sourced, quality products at the lowest possible price. This allows families to enjoy more for less!

The Chief Executive Officer, Matthew Barnes, said "We're absolutely thrilled to have been named The Grocer of the Year 2016. This recognition gives customers assurance that Aldi is the best supermarket in Britain." Read more about the awards and the full statement here.

Congratulations Aldi on your awards and here is to many more!

Now on to cake!

I love the combination of lime and white chocolate. The creamy chocolate compliments the bitter lime perfectly.

This is what I did...

Lime and White Chocolate Cake

Ingredients

150g butter
150g caster sugar
150g self raising flour
3 eggs
2 limes
125g Moser Roth Madagascan vanilla chocolate
1tsp vanilla paste

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Mix the butter and sugar until light and creamy

2 - Add the eggs one at a time with a little flour to prevent curdling

3 - Stir in the remaining flour and add the zest and juice of 1 lime and the vanilla paste

4 - Place the cake mixture into a lined and greased loaf tin and place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until thoroughly baked

5 - Once baked remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing and allowing to completely cool on a cooling rack

6  - Once the cake is cooled melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water

7 - Drizzle over the juice of half a lime

8 - Pour the melted chocolate into a disposable icing bag and cut a small hole in the end and drizzle over the melted chocolate

9 - Finish the cake with the zest of 1 lime and serve


This cake is the perfect mixture of citrus with creamy Madagascan vanilla chocolate. The Moser Roch range of chocolates from Aldi are not only a fantastic price, I paid £1.25 for this bar, but are also rich and full of flavour addition to both bakes and on it's own.


Enjoy x



Disclosure: This is a collaborative post


CookBlogShare
Link up your recipe of the week
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Casa Costello

8 comments:

  1. Mmmm what a lovely combination of flavours. I can imagine it's be great with a pot of tea. :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh great fresh flavours here Kirsty. yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the flavour of lime in most forms! Am currently trialling gluten free flours and will try your recipe out as I think it will boost it favourably with the extra moisture from the lime! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the Aldi chocolate, I use it a lot in my homemade chocolate making. It's perfect to work with and tastes so yummy (and its such good value too :-) ). I love what you've done with it, the cake sounds delicious and I really want to dip my finger in the melted chocolate that's dripped off the sides of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious, I love lime flavour. Aldi chocolate is lovely and so cheap too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this cake sounds delicious - such fab flavours! And well done Aldi on their wins. I keep hearing good things about Aldi. I must pop in one day. Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I need a piece of that now x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn I need that cake in my life. #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x