Tuesday 24 March 2015

Mini Egg Chocolate Cheesecake

When it comes to Easter time I always go straight for the mini chocolate eggs! They have to be my favourite. I usually use them to decorate cupcakes but thought that this Easter I would try something different. This year I have used them to top a delicious chocolate cheesecake!

If you are a chocoholic then this cheesecake is for you. The base is made from double chocolate digestives, the centre is made using Cadbury's Philadelphia and mascarpone then topped with chocolate mini eggs. I really is a chocolate feast!

This is what I did...


Mini Egg Chocolate Cheesecake

Ingredients

300g double chocolate digestive biscuits
50g butter, melted
160g tub of Cadbury Philadelphia cream cheese
250g mascarpone cheese
2 x 90g bags of Cadbury mini eggs, lightly crushed

Method

1 - Place the biscuits in a bag and crush them using a rolling pin

2 - Once the biscuits have a breadcrumb appearance pour over the melted butter and mix in, I find it easier to mix the biscuits and butter using my hands

3 - Place the biscuits mixture into a flan tin with a removable base and press down until they are firmly compacted in

4 - Place the tin in the fridge and chill for 2 hours

5 - To make the topping simply place the Cadbury Philadelphia and mascarpone cheese in a bowl and mix together

6 - Once they have been thoroughly mixed together spoon onto the biscuit base and smooth over the top

7 - Return to the fridge for at least an hour

8 - Before serving add the lightly crushed mini eggs to the top


This is such a simply dessert to make but will definitely impress any guests that you have over Easter.


Enjoy x

I am sharing with Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

9 comments:

  1. They look so yummy! I have just baked two unsuccessful cheese cake! I will follow your recipe and dont bake them! #tastytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I love cheese cake and could eat lots of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, chocolate HEAVEN! My two kids would be crackers with delight if I made that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, a lovely twist on an Easter treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cheesecake! I just managed to make a toblerone one which is foolproof, this looks the same :) and I love a mini egg #tastytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmmmm you cannot go wrong with a cheescake topped with mini eggs :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, sounds like the perfect Easter treat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Easter cake, love it. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made this last night, my hubby LOVED it - I can't believe it was so simple; thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x