Monday 16 March 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 16th March 2015

I hope all the mummies reading this had a lovely day yesterday. I enjoyed a delicious meal out for Mothers Day. In fact I had an easy weekend in the kitchen. However I am now raring to get busy cooking and baking again this week.

During the last few weeks my healthy eating has been more relaxed however I am getting back to cleaner eating and back on track this week. I am surprised how my eating has effected my mood and the way I generally feel. I have noticed that since going back to my old eating ways I have felt more sluggish and my mood has also gone down. This is something that I need to get back under control and my diet certainly makes a difference. My water intake has dropped considerably. I was drinking 2 - 3 litres a day so I am planning to drink more again, starting from this week.

Here is this weeks healthier meal plan...

Week Commencing 16th March 2015

Mediterranean Risotto

Risotto is such a delicious meal to make and can be adapted to what meat or vegetables you have that may need using up. This week I have got some courgettes and peppers so they will feature in this risotto along with cherry tomatoes, red onions, oregano and Parmesan.

Roast Chicken and Chorizo

I love the combination of chicken and chorizo, the flavours go together perfectly. This week I will be transforming a roast chicken by adding chorizo. I will served with roasted potatoes and vegetables.

Fish Cakes

These are from the gluten free range that we tried and loved last week. I will serve with potatoes and vegetables for the family while I will have mine with stir fried vegetables.

Minted Lamb Medallions

Spring time and Easter always makes me want some lamb. So when I saw some on offer this week I had to get it. I was definitely pulled between slow roasting a leg of lamb or going for lamb medallions. This week I went for the medallions. I will be serving with mint sauce, potatoes and vegetables.

Toad in the Hole

This is a meal that Joseph has been requesting for weeks! This week I will cook it for him. While they all have toad in the hole I will have salmon fillet.

Hope you have a great week x

As always I am sharing my Weekly Meal Plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png

5 comments:

  1. That all sounds really good, the risotto sounds delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Some great meals here! Have actually never tried Toad in the Hole with the twins but they adore anything like this so I think I'll join you and make it this week too! Glad you had a nice meal out for Mother's Day :) Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken and chorizo is an amazing combo, that'll be delicious! I lived off risotto in my first 2 years at Uni, it's such a versatile dish :) hope you have a lovely week! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh yum, toad in the hole - I haven't had that for ages, don't have much luck with homemade Yorkshire Pudding in our house! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love to learn how to cook Toad in the Hole! sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x