Monday 2 March 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 2nd March 2015

This week it is National Pie week so naturally there will be a pie being served this week! I may even get a sweet one baked at some point.

Last weeks meal plan was a success. There was only one meal that was changed slightly, that was the spaghetti bolognese. As I had a lot of beef leftover from Sunday dinner I had enough meat for both Monday and Tuesday. Instead of spaghetti bolognese I made Leftover Roast Beef Pasta.


This week I am planning a full week of meals. This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 2nd March 2015

Buffalo Steak Pie

As it is National Pie Week to start the week we will be enjoying Buffalo Steak Pie. We have enjoyed buffalo burgers when we have been at food festivals so when I saw some diced buffalo steak I snapped it up. I will be slow cooking the meat before transforming it into a pie.

Cottage Pie

Not sure if this counts for National Pie Week but it is definitely a favourite meal of ours!

Buffalo Chicken and Rice

I was recently sent some sachet marinades to try and blog about so this week we will be giving the Buffalo Marinade a go! I will be serving it on a bed of rice.

Parmesan Topped Tuna Steaks

I will be grilling the tuna steaks and adding a topping of Parmesan and breadcrumbs. This will be served with potatoes and Mediterranean vegetables.

Pan Fried Cod and Wedges with Mushy Peas

You can't beat fish and chips on a Friday. This is my healthier version!

Pizza and Pasta

On Saturday I fancy an easy night and one that the kids will love. This week we will have a pizza and pasta night.

Roast Pork

This week I will be getting a piece of pork for Sunday roast. This will be served with vegetables, potatoes and apple sauce.

As always I am sharing with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png

7 comments:

  1. hi there,
    just wanted to comment how much I love your blog! I actually stumbled across it, and it is just terrific! Will be a follower from now on...Wanted to give my details, just for kicks! Well, I have TWO sets of boy twins, another sweet boy, and I am due in a month with another boy! But wait, it gets better! My twin boys are exactly 10 months apart!!! Yep, you read correctly!!! My obgyn declared me a super fertile mama because I had my first set at 23, and then we thought we were in the clear, breast feeding, etc., and something seemed off...bam, doctor´s appointment corfimed I was expecting another set of twins. In fact, when I went to the doctor, my babies were four months old, and I was three months along. Very,very rare, but it happens! I love it! Now my boys are 11, 10, and my other son is 9. He was born 11 months to the day after the last set of twins. Kind of a surprise, but we were also planning it! Yes, we have our hands full, but we would not have it any other way. For years, I thought we were totally in the clear as I have my tubes tied, and guess what? Three late periods is not early menopause...I am due 25 March with another baby boy. I am so excited. Morning sickness has been terrible, and my hormones have been crazy, but ready to start life as a family of 8.
    Sorry to ramble on, but I thought you would enjoy my story. If you are wondering, my doctor is amazed. He said my fertility is way crazy, and my cycles can not be predicted. Duh...my husband is an ER doctor. He does get a deal on medical "equipment" i.e. condoms...believe you me...we will be buying them by the truckload!!! Thankfully I have never minded being pregnant. We always wanted a big family. People tend to ask me if I know how I got this way? ! What a comment...yes, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was national pie week! Feel gutted I haven't scheduled a pie! Enjoy your week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I didn't know it was pie week either! Buffalo sounds interesting, not something i've tried before. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your meal plan, I've tried buffalo burgers but will be on the hunt for other goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Everything sounds fantastic! I really like the sound of the Tuna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know it was pie week! Sad times. Love the sound of healthy fish and chips - might have to pinch that idea for next week. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh buffalo - love the unusual addition to your meal plan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x