Tuesday 10 March 2015

Everyday Brew Tea Loaf

When teapigs asked me to try their Everyday Brew I knew that I would use it in baking and not just drinking.

My hubby is a huge fan of my Settling Ginger Tea Loaf but I wanted to try something a little different. I have gone back using original black tea using teapigs Everyday Brew. With the addition of a lemon slice during brewing and mixed spice in the flour I have created a deliciously moist tea loaf which can be enjoyed at any time of day. Whether it be a mid morning snack, to accompany afternoon tea or as a snack, it goes perfectly with a cup of tea.

This is what I did...


Everyday Brew Tea Loaf

Ingredients

180mls boiling water
teapigs Everyday Brew teabag
1 slice of lemon
225g mixed fruit with candied peel
150g dark muscovado sugar
1 egg
225g self raising flour
2tspn mixed spices

Method

1 - Place the teabag and slice of lemon in a cup and pour over 180mls of boiling water and leave to brew for 10 minutes to ensure maximum strength.

2 - Pour the brewed tea over the dried fruit and leave covered for at least 1 hour. This time will ensure that the fruit is nice and plump for baking.

3 - Pre heat the oven to 150C

4 - Place the fruit and any remaining liquid in a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and mix until the sugar has dissolved.

5 - Add the egg and mix.

6 - Add the flour and mixed spice and mix well.

7 - Line a loaf tin with baking paper and add the mixture.

8 - Place in the pre heated oven and bake for 1 hour.

9 - Once thoroughly baked remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before removing and allowing to cool completely on a cooling rack.




Enjoy x

Disclosure: I was sent some teapigs Everyday Brew to try. I loved them and decided to create this recipe. No payment was received.

I am sharing my recipe with Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays and A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

5 comments:

  1. This looks great! I made a cake once using earl grey tea and absolutely loved it but then couldn't find the recipe again. Is it called 'Barn Brac Cake' or something?? Anyway - I will definitely try this one - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea loaf, it is really tasty. Yours looks really delicious and has inspired me to make some soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Looks delicious tea loaf is one of my favourite things I love how it's a cross between bread and cake!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had tea loaf, but this looks great. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious Kirsty, love tea bread here too #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x