Monday 30 March 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 30th March 2015

Last week I started using the Slimpod. I will be writing a post which will tell you more about what the Slimpod does. But I am noticing some big changes in how I am choosing food and when I am eating. I have noticed that I want to eat more fish than usual and craving healthier foods.

As I am wanting to eat healthier I am also cooking healthier which is not just great for me but also for my family!

Last weeks meal plan did not go to plan!

The mushroom risotto became Vegetable Risotto,

The leftover chicken curry became steak as there were no leftovers!

The tuna became a meal out with the hubby and pulled pork became and easy M&S meal for 2.

Vegetable Risotto

This is what we will be enjoying this week..



Week Commencing 30th March 2015

Freekeh and Mushrooms

Freekeh are some grains which I bought a few weeks ago and have not got round to trying. They are a grain to use as an alternative to rice or couscous with masses of health benefits. On Monday I will be trying them out!

Pulled Pork

On Tuesday I'll be cooking the pork that was on last weeks meal plan. I will be having mine with salad while I will give everyone else bread rolls, potatoes and salad.

Scampi

I love scampi but simply do not have it enough. So when I saw some fresh breaded scampi at the weekend it went straight in the basket! I will be serving with potatoes and vegetables.

Turkey Stir Fry

I love stir fry and find it an excellent way to get some different vegetables into the children.

Soy Tuna

I have recently been sent some Japanese ingredients to experiment with so I will be using the soy sauce for this tuna dish which will be served with noodles.

As normal I am not going to plan for the weekend.

Hope you have a lovely long weekend x

As always I am sharing with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday


mpm different fonts.png

4 comments:

  1. We had freekeh at a restaurant recently and it was absolutely yummy - hope it turned out well for you. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Japanese, how exciting...looks like a great menu, have a lovely week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof, scampi - love it. Also, please let us know what the freekeh is like!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of freekeh, will have to look it up! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x