Monday 9 March 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 9th March 2015

It is Monday, which means it is Meal Planning time!

Last weeks meal plan was a success with all but one of the meals cooked. I didn't cook the cod due to being unwell so we will be having it this week instead.

The Buffalo Steak Pie was a huge success. The buffalo was slow cooked with root vegetables and had a deliciously sweet taste to it. If this isn't meat that you have tried before I would thoroughly recommend that you give it a go!


This week we are starting off with an easy meal as I am still not feeling well. But look forward to cooking up some delights during the week.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 9th March 2015

Gluten Free Bakes

When we went to Marks and Spencer's for a meal on Saturday we found some gluten free bakes that looked delicious so we are giving them a try. They are similar to fish cakes but with different fillings. We went for the Scottish Salmon and Chicken and Mushroom fillings. It is great to see that some shops are stocking more gluten free foods.

Leftover Pork Chilli

After roast pork on Sunday we have a lot of leftovers. As usual I bought a piece of meat bigger than needed for just the one meal. This week I am going to use the leftovers in a pork chilli with rice.

Cod and Wedges

This is the meal that we didn't have last week. I will pan fry the cod and serve with wedges and mushy peas.

Roast Chicken

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, the family have asked me to cook more roast dinners. This week we will be having a salt and pepper roast chicken.

Venison Burgers

When looking through the freezer I found some venison burgers so this week we will be having them in bread rolls with salad and homemade chips.

I am not planning a meal for Saturday as I will decide nearer the time. I am also not planning for Sunday as it is Mothers Day we are going out for lunch!

Hope you have a good week x

As usual I am sharing with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png

5 comments:

  1. That pie honestly looks amaze balls! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Venison burgers in particular sound seriously good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Buffalo Steak Pie looks yummy! I'm liking the sound of the Venison Burgers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm a tasty week ahead :) hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pie looks fabulous - I'm going to have to look out some Buffalo now. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x