Tuesday 10 February 2015

Bramley and Blackberry Puds

Last week it was National Bramley Apple week which got me thinking of a delicious way to use these flavoursome apples. I came up with the usual ideas of apple crumbles and pies but wanted to try something new.

As much as I enjoy hot puddings in winter I find that they can often be too filling and full of calories. That is why I decided to create a recipe that was lighter and went for the cold option.

This pudding combines two classic fruits together with a trifle style twist.

This is what I did...


Bramley and Blackberry Puds

Ingredients makes 4

800g bramley apples, peeled and chopped
300g blackberries
1tbs light brown sugar
500mls custard
200g thick cream
Dark chocolate, grated

Method

1 - Place the bramley apples, blackberries and sugar in a pan and heat over a medium heat for 15 minutes stirring regularly

2 - After 15 minutes remove for the heat and allow to cool completely

3 - Once the fruit is completely cooled spoon into the dessert pots or glasses

4 - Spoon over a layer of custard, followed by a layer of thick cream

5 - Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes

6 - Before serving sprinkle over some grated dark chocolate


When I made this recipe for us I used soya custard as opposed to regular custard and Weight Watchers thick cream to make it more of a guilt free treat! I worked out that this pudding was just 6 Slimming World syns!


This pudding makes a delicious alternative to the regular bramley apple recipes and makes a quick and easy trifle style dessert.

Enjoy x

I am sharing my recipe with Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

2 comments:

  1. Stunning and love you've created small manikins as so used to big trifles but these make them look so special and perfect for a date meal! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays x

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S Amazing you made it as a low calorie version too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x