Monday 2 February 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - 2nd February 2015

I am delighted to say that I only have one more week of being without an oven. My new one will be delivered and fitted on Saturday and I cannot wait to try it out!

Last week was easier than I expected. I used my slow cooker to cook a turkey breast and the meat was so moist. I will probably continue to cook turkey in that way as the meat was delicious!

Last weeks meal plan was a success. The only meal that I didn't cook was the meatballs. Instead we enjoyed a Breakfast dinner. After reading others listing Brinner on their meal plan I followed along and it was such a tasty change! I cannot remember the last time we had a good old fry up and now that I am following the Slimming World plan I was delighted that everything that was on my plate was from my free foods!

This week we will be having a good variety of fish and meat. This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 2nd February 2015

Venison Burgers

I have got some lovely venison burgers and some bread rolls left over from the weekend so what better way to use them all up than venison burgers in a bun! They will be served with potatoes and beans while I have salad.

Fish and Chips

After having a rummage through the freezer I found some pieces of haddock. I will be serving it with chips and peas for the family while I have mine with salad.

Beef Stew

On Wednesday I am out in the evening so to make life easier I am going to make a slow cooker stew. This will enable me to prepare the meal in the morning and leave it!

Moroccan Chicken and Freekah

Freekah is a new grain that we have purchased. It is low in fat and high in protein so we thought we would give it a go. I have a feeling that Moroccan flavours will go well with this grain so I will season chicken fillets with cinnamon and cumin.

Take Away!

On Friday I am having my old oven and hob ripped out in preparation for Saturday so I will be well and truly cookerless! Therefore we are going to be enjoying an extremely rare take away treat!

I am not planning the weekends meals as on Saturday we will be celebrating my nieces second birthday. On Sunday I may suggest that I cook a roast dinner so I can try out my new oven!

As always I am sharing my Weekly Meal Plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday.

mpm different fonts.png

2 comments:

  1. It looks like lots of us are going for beef stew this week, perfect in this weather. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I can live without oven for so long!
    I'm so jealous that you are getting a new shining oven! Lol!
    Looking forward to see your new bake with your new oven!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x