Wednesday 25 February 2015

Leftover Roast Beef Pasta - Family Favourites

If you are a regular reader you will know that I love creating new meals with leftovers. Last week I bought a large piece of beef just so that we would have plenty of leftovers for extra meals.

For this weeks Family Favourites I thought that I would share a delicious leftover pasta dish. If you do not have any left overs it can also be made with streak strips.

This is what I did..


Leftover Roast Beef Pasta

Ingredients - serves 4 - 5

400g leftover roast beef, cut into strips
1 red onion, chopped
1 sweet red pepper, chopped
1 sweet orange pepper, chopped
6 medium mushrooms, chopped
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
Cayenne pepper
1 beef stock cube
1/2 tsp oregano

Method

1 - Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and gently fry the onion, red pepper, orange pepper, mushroom, celery and garlic together until starting to soften

2 - Add the strips of cooked leftover roast beef and cook for a further 10 minutes

3 - Pour over the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil

4 - Sprinkle over as much or as little cayenne pepper as you wish, I normally add about 1/4 tsp and find that it hot enough for the family

5 - Add the oregano and the beef stock cube and simmer for 5 minutes and serve on a bed of pasta


This is not only a tasty meal but is quick to make. Serve with just pasta or add some garlic bread to make it go even further.


I am sharing this weeks Family Favourites recipe with A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week and Supergolden Bakes - Cook, Blog, Share

Link up your recipe of the week
#CookBlogShare

2 comments:

  1. I love making a big roast and then using up the leftovers during the week. Mind you I don't think we often have leftover beef! This looks delicious – thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. My family and I love our roasts so this would be perfect for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x