Tuesday 3 February 2015

Easy Vegetable Frittata - Family Favourites

Now that the chickens are laying again we have an abundance of lovely fresh eggs. As I cannot bake due to being "oven-less" they have really built up. We all love eggs! That is why I thought I would share one of our favourite egg meals with you for this weeks Family Favourites recipe.

This week I am sharing my Easy Vegetable Frittata. This is a quick and easy meal to make and a great way to sneak extra vegetables into your family's diet. This can be served with potatoes, chips, salad, or on it's own as a light lunch. If you are following the Slimming World plan then this is a great syn free meal.

In this recipe I have listed the vegetables that we enjoy in the frittata but as this is such a versatile dish, the vegetables can be change according to taste. It is also delicious with meats such as chorizo.

Here is this weeks Family Favourites recipe...



Vegetable Frittata

Ingredients

6 eggs
6 chestnut mushrooms, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 red pepper
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
6 spears of asparagus
1 medium courgette, chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
Low calorie olive oil spray

Method

1 - Oil a large frying pan with the low calorie olive oil spray and gently fry the onion, mushrooms, courgette and red pepper until they are starting to soften

2 - Beat the eggs together with the black pepper and parsley and pour over the vegetables, cook over a medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes, or until the base has set

3 - While the eggs are cooking place the spears of asparagus in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes, drain and keep on one side

4 - Once the base of the frittata has set place the asparagus spears on the top and arrange the cherry tomato halves and place under a high grill

5 - Grill for a further 5 minutes or until the top has cooked, remove from the grill, slice and serve


This is a deliciously light meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family. This is great served with potatoes and salad. For children who do not like salad try serving it with either their favourite vegetables or baked beans! If you have any leftover simply place it in the fridge and enjoy cold the following day.






Link up your recipe of the week
#CookBlogShare

3 comments:

  1. I love fritata's. Funny enough I've never thought of making one for our little guy. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs are my favourite food but sadly my husband doesn't like them! I have to save meals like this for when he is working away. I love the addition of all the extra veg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks perfect for me and my diet! Thanks for posting I am definitely making it but not sharing it! Love how your little ones are scoffing it all... my kids are definitely not very adventurous when it comes to food – unless it's chocolate based. #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x