Wednesday 11 February 2015

Sweet Chilli Turkey Burgers - Family Favourites

We all love beef burgers but sometimes I worry about what is actually in them and the quality of meat that is used to make them. I always enjoy making my own but I also enjoy making my healthier option, turkey burgers. Not only are they healthier but they are also great for cooking on a budget!

These burgers are quick and easy to make and full of flavour. The whole family will definitely be asking for more!

Here is this weeks Family Favourites recipe...


Sweet Chilli Turkey Burgers 

Ingredients - Makes 6

500g turkey mince (I use Tesco 2% fat Turkey breast mince)
1 red onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
3 tbsp sweet chilli jam

Method

1 - Place the turkey mince, onion and pepper in a bowl and mix together

2 - Add the chilli jam and combine all of the ingredients together evenly

3 - Spray some oil onto a large frying pan and place on a medium heat

4 - Make 6 burgers with the turkey mince mixture and place in the pan once the oil is hot

5 - Cook for 10 minutes on each side

Serve the burgers as they are or in a bread roll with chips and salad. These burgers are also great in the summer time cooked on the barbecue!


If you are following the Slimming World plan there are only 6 syns in the whole recipe, therefore that is only 1 syn per burger!

Enjoy x


Disclosure: I am part of The Orchard at Tesco and received vouchers to buy Tesco meat.

5 comments:

  1. They look awesome! And great for anyone following the Slimming World plan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey is so healthy! No fats. I should really cook them! Love the turkey recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so good....I'm going to try these next week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made turkey burgers. That's a great idea Kirsty. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am on SW so these would be great for me, thank you
    i love sweet chili x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x