Wednesday 11 February 2015

What Does Valentines Mean To You?

February is when when love is in the air.

Valentines Day is coming but what does it mean to you?

Is it time that you spend with the special person in your life?

Is it when you share the love with your family?

Is it a day that you dread?

For me, Valentines Day is not only a day to be thankful for my hubby, as I am thankful for him everyday, but it is a time when I reflect on all of my loved ones. Loved ones who are here and loved ones who we have lost. It is a time for me to remember the people who have shown me love and with their love I have become the person that I am today.

I thought that I would take this opportunity to tell you about the special people in my life.

The Hubby

Without a doubt the hubby is top of the list. He is my rock, my best friend, my lover, he makes me complete, he is my everything! My hubby restored my faith in true love. From the day we met we have been inseparable and I feel lost without him. I know that no matter what my husband will always be there for me.


My Parents

My parents are always there for us all if we ever need them. My mum is not just my mum but my friend too. I have always been a daddy's girl and that hasn't changed throughout the years. I love that they only live a few minutes down the road from us and would hate to be any further from them. With my parents I am also including my mother in law. I am so thankful that I have not got a stereotypical mother in law. She has become a second mum to me and friend.



My Grandparents

Sadly, my grandparents are no longer with us and have left a huge gap in my life. I could always depend on my grandparents and was extremely close to them. I miss them everyday and keep them close to my heart.

The Children

I am so thankful for the blessing of our children. Joseph, who is growing way too quickly, changed my life the day I discovered I was expecting him. He made me change the way I was living and settle down. He will never know what he did for me and how thankful I am to him. The twins amazed me daily. They have made our family complete. Life is manic with them but I would not have it any other way!


For me, Valentines Day is thinking about all of the people that I love because ultimately it is the love and relationships from these people that has made me the person I am today.

Who will you be thinking about this Valentines Day?

Who are your special people?

Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with TheCircle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not huge on Valentines Day as I think we should be expressing love to our nearest and dearest all year round. But I do make sure I do something special with my husband and son every year, usually cards and a lovely homecooked meal that takes a bit more effort to make! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x