Tuesday 10 May 2016

Jersey Royal Potato Salad - #CookBlogShare Week 19

Wow it has been such a lovely week! I don't know about you, but we have been making the most of the lovely weather and eating al fresco. As soon as the lovely weather comes, out go the warming comfort foods and we welcome salads, barbecues and lighter meals.

With this in mind I thought that it would be the perfect time to share with you a delicious potato salad that I was sent to try. Each week I write a recipe using products that I have bought from Aldi. This week is a little different. This is a new recipe that has been sent to me courtesy of Aldi to try out and let you know what I thought. We are now coming into Jersey Royal season and this year Aldi will be stocking Jersey Royal potatoes for their Specially Selected range. These potatoes have a sweet, nutty, summer taste to them and are perfect for potato salads.

This is no ordinary potato salad.

This potato salad is full of so many different ingredients that compliment each other perfectly and make it a more filling salad. The homemade sauce used has become a new favourite here. The creaminess with the kick from the mustard are perfect together. This really is a royal potato salad. A Jersey Royal Potato Salad!

This is what I did...


Aldi's Jersey Royal Potato Salad

Ingredients

450g Specially Selected Jersey Royal Potatoes
90g pack Specially Selected Parma Ham
200g Cherry Tomatoes
1 bunch Spring Onions
70g bag Freshleaf Rocket Leaves
2 Cloves Garlic
50g Cucina Black Olives
150ml Cowbelle Soured Cream
1 tsp Bramwells Mustard
15ml The Pantry Lemon Juice
40ml Solesta Olive Oil
Black Pepper and Salt
1 - Put the Jersey royal potatoes into a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, season with some salt and add the garlic cloves (no need to peel).

2 - Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until tender.

3 - Drain well, discard the garlic cloves and, if the potatoes are large, cut in half.

4 - Trim and wash the spring onions, chop into rings and put into a large salad bowl.

5 - Cut the tomatoes and the black olives in half and add to the bowl with the tomatoes.

6 - When the potatoes are cooked, add to the salad bowl while they are still warm.

7 - To make the dressing, mix the lemon juice with the soured cream, olive oil and mustard.

8 - Season with plenty of black pepper and a little salt, then mix this into the salad.

9 - Tear, or cut, the Parma ham into strips, add this and the rocket leaves to the salad.

10 -  Gently mix together and serve.



This potato salad was ideal for a barbecue over the weekend. I love the addition of the parma ham and black olives to give this salad a true Mediterranean feel.


What I love about this salad is its versatility. If you do not like olives you can simply leave them out or substitute them for a vegetable that you do like. Peppers would be great in this salad! The dressing is also a versatile part of this meal. It can be used for other salad dishes. I already have new ideas for ways to incorporate the delicious dressing into more meals.

Now over to you. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up this week. Just let me recap on the rules, there aren't many but we do ask that you follow them please.
  • Link up your foodie posts both old and new welcome
  • Comment on the host post
  • Pop over and comment on some of the other recipes that have been linked up
  • Add the CookBlogShare badge using the code below

CookBlogShare

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

23 comments:

  1. Yum! I love the sound of this potato salad :-) What great flavours!! I particularly like the addition of parma ham - I bet that sweet/saltiness goes beautifully with the jersey royals and that dressing :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely potato salad recipe! Am definitely going to be taking a trip to Aldi soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love potato salad and this is a delicious one. Aldi have so many great bargains and fab foodie finds x

      Delete
  3. I'm really looking forward to some Jersey Royals - they herald the start of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious. I do love potato salad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love potato salad, you are sure to love this one! x

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great potato salad recipe. I don't think I've ever shopped in Aldi, not even sure there's one near me. Must investigate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't shopped there until I started working with them. Since then I have certainly reduced our shopping bill and have found the foods to be both cheaper and good quality x

      Delete
    2. We could do with saving money on our food bill so I'll definitely have a look, I think there might be one in Peckham which isn't too far from us x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the party dear. I have added vegan meringue this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I look forward to reading! Thank you for joining in x

      Delete
  7. Looks great! I love the parma ham on top, bet that adds a lovely saltiness. I also love Aldi too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parma ham definitely adds some extra flavours that finish it off perfectly x

      Delete
  8. Drooling over this salad! It contains so many of my favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love jersey potatoes, this looks great with parma ham, I'm ready for lunch now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sound of the sour cream and mustard dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so creamy and delicious, can you make me it right now! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though its raining, its def. a time for salads and why not make the most of seasonal Jersey Royals. I am looking forward to cooking my recent purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a delicious salad, love Jersey Royals so will try this for our next barbecue!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving the new Jersey royal season - they're so delicious as is the salad you've put together. It'd so easily be turned vegetarian.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x