Monday 23 May 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 20 The Harissa Round Up with a Cooling Dessert

Hello and welcome to this weeks #CookBlogShare round up!

Each week I look forward to sitting down and looking through all of the recipes that have been shared throughout the week. What I love most about the CookBlogShare linky is that there is no specific theme. Anything foodie goes. So this means we always have a vast array of recipes that have been shared. There really is something for everyone!

Thank you to Mandy from Sneaky Veg for hosting the linky last week.

This week I have decided to focus on harissa recipes. Last week there were three deliciously flavoursome recipes that contained the North African spices. After these spicy meals what you need is a cooling dessert to finish with.

Here are my four favourite recipes from week 20 of #CookBlogShare...

First up is this delightfully colourful Harissa Lamb with Chickpea and Pomegranate Salad from Easy Peasy Foodie. I simply adore everything about this recipe, from the vibrant colours to the spices, from the pomegranate to the health benefits. This salad would make a perfect meal for a hot summers day!

Next up is an equally colourful Harissa Roast Chicken with Chickpeas and Feta from The Not So Creative Cook. This is a meal that would be eagerly welcomed at our dinner table. I love how the heat from the harissa is cooled and balanced out with the addition of the feta cheese. This would make a deliciously summery alternative to a Sunday roast!

The final harissa recipe that I have selected is this barbecue ready Harissa Lamb Salad from Searching For Spice. I imagine the harissa lamb to be perfect for a summer barbecue. The beauty of this recipe is that a lot of it can be prepared in advanced so that when it comes to a lovely sunny barbecue you are not stuck inside preparing food. The addition of the cooling yogurt dressing makes it a must try!

Now on to dessert. After having spicy meals what you need is a lovely cooling dessert and what better way to cool down than with a creamy dessert. These Strawberry Cream Pie Bars from Go Eat and Repeat are just perfect for that. I love cheesecakes and this dessert has the cheesecake base flavours but are paired with a creamier centre. Perfect after a lovely spicy meal!

I am sure that you will agree that they are four lovely recipes and fill you with the feeling of summer meals, eating al fresco. If you missed them last week I definitely recommend you pop over an check them out!

Now on to this weeks CookBlogShare linky. Tomorrow the linky will be hosted by SnapHappyBakes and the following week it will be back with Sneaky Veg as I am having the week off! There will be no round up next week as I will be away but I will be back hosting on 7th June!

Thank you to everyone for joining in and being part of the CookBlogShare community!

Hope you all have a good week and I look forward to seeing what you have been cooking up!

CookBlogShare

10 comments:

  1. These recipes look delicous.
    I really want to try out the strawberry cream pie bars they sound and look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the harissa themed posts - got some in the cupboard and now have a few ways to use it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely round up, I am loving the pomegranate salad, might try making it soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for featuring my harissa lamb salad! I love harissa so will definitely be having a look at the other recipes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh the Harissa Lamb Salad looks just amazing, I adore lamb but have never had it in a salad x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for including my harissa lamb salad too! Two harissa lamb salads in one week! Bet that's never happened before!! :-) It's a pretty awesome combination though! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good food linky to be part of! The receipes sound delicious and perfect for the summer months. Might have to try the harissa lamb salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great round-up, I am terrible for cheating with meals and need to start cooking from fresh again

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great roundup. I really like Harrissa. The lamb salad sounds lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those recipes look and sound delicious. Harrissa is an ingredient i have never cooked with, I am not even sure I have tried it., But there lamb recipe sounds gorgeous so I'm going to try that this week. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x