Monday 2 May 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 17 - The Baking Round Up

Last week has seen the return of my baking mojo at long last! Last week I baked cakes, breads and made a pudding! Following on from this I had to do a baking round up for week 17 of CookBlogShare!

As always there were so many delicious recipes and Mandy from Sneaky Veg did a great job of hosting, thank you!

As always I loved the variety of savoury and sweet recipes that were shared. It is always such a treat to sit down and read the blog posts. Thank you for joining in and making CookBlogShare a lovely community. Today I have booked my hotel for June's BritMums Live, if any of you are going please do let me know as it would be great to catch up with you!

Back to this weeks baking round up. Here are my four favourite baking recipes from week 17 of CookBlogShare...

First up are these perfect bread rolls from Sarah at Tales from the Kitchen Shed. I am sure that you will agree that any baker would be proud of these rolls. Now that I have rediscovered my love of bread making I will definitely be making these and will keep my fingers crossed that they turn out half as perfect as these!

Next up has to be one of my favourite flavour combinations. I love blueberries with white chocolate. This delicious White Chocolate and Blueberry Blondie Cake from Jenny at Mummy Mishaps is, yet another, must try. I love everything about this cake, especially the fact that the sugar is a calorie free alternative!

Following on we have a steamed bake. These Steamed Buns with Char Siew Filling from Nasifriet at By The Way... look like buns that we would all enjoy. The filling looks like a fantastic addition to these steamed snacks. I really am going to have to have a go at making some!

Last but not least is this easy No Knead Bread from Angela at Only Crumbs Remain. It looks and sounds just as good as a regular kneaded dough. I do find kneading dough to be therapeutic but very time consuming so having a great no knead recipe is always great!

Thank you to everyone for linking up. This week CookBlogShare is being hosted by Hayley at Snap Happy Bakes. I look forward to seeing what you have been getting up to in your kitchens!

Enjoy x

CookBlogShare

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Kirsty for mentioning my blondie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yum - that blondie cake looks divine! And you can't beat freshly baked bread. Some gorgeous recipes here - a real treasure trove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsty, I learned to bake bread before cakes as a youngster, the whole bread baking experience fascinated me; how different ingredients changed how the bread turned out, the change in texture and the rising of the dough, the smell of the bread baking and the cutting of warm, freshly made bread. I loved it. Sadly I really don't bake as much as I used to. Not for any particular reason, but life seems to have changed.

    All four of your favourite recipes look good and as for those rolls, I don't think I have bought rolls that look that good!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great round up Kirsty, Sarah's no Ted's Rolls look amazing. Thanks you for the mention of my no-knead bread too.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely round up Kirsty, Angela's no knead bread is on my to try list along with the blondie & those steamed buns look delicious. Thanks for including Ted's Rolls x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x