Monday 16 May 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 19 - The Far Away Round Up

I know I say this every week, but wow it was difficult to select a theme for this weeks round up. I am not complaining. I love sitting and looking through all of the recipes and trying to narrow my selection down.

Last week there was a delicious variety of sweet treats, warming dishes, healthy meals and dishes from far away. This week it was the far away dishes that won. I loved the depth of flavours that were used in each of the recipes that I selected. All four are meals which we, as a family, would love to have for a meal.

Here are my four favourite recipes for my far away round up...

First up in this weeks far away round up is this Oriental inspired Miso Minestrone Soup from Allotment 2 Kitchen. Minestrone is a lovely filling soup and I can just imagine how much flavour the Miso paste adds to it. I can see how this would be delicious served over some mash potatoes as suggested by Shaheen's D!

Next up, following the Miso trend is this Miso Udon Noodle Soup from Mandy at Sneaky Veg. I have never seen Udon noodles before but they look and sound a lot more filling than regular, small noodles. A filling soup would go down well here and would hopefully fill my kiddies who are, at the moment, like bottomless pits!

Going on with a Japanese theme is this Japanese Fried Tofu with Egg, Spring Onion and Bonito Flakes from Kate at The Gluten Free Alchemist. I have never heard of Bonito Flakes before and was amazed to discover that they are dried shaved tuna flakes. Everything about this dish urges me to cook and eat it!

Finally I have chosen a curry recipe. I know that it is not Japanese but curry is still from far away! I selected this Easy Leftover Curry recipe from Emmy's Mummy and Harry's Too. What I love about this recipe is that it is cooked by Emmy. The post includes a great video showing how she made it. Whenever we have leftover chicken we have a curry and this curry looks and sounds so good!

I am sure you will agree that all four recipes sounds delicious. If you missed them during the linky then pop over and take a more in depth look.

Tomorrow #CookBlogShare is being hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg so do not forget to pop over and share what you have been cooking up!

Hope you have a good week x


CookBlogShare

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for featuring my Miso Minestrone, its so appreciated. Off to check the other recipes, esp Kates Japanese Fried Tofu with Egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirsty for featuring my Tofu. Great round up.... it's good to see some far away inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that's for including Emmy's. She loved making is and was so proud of herself

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x