Monday 9 May 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 18 - The Mexican Round Up

As last week cinco de mayo was celebrated in Mexico and around the world I thought that it was only fitting to make this week the Mexican round up. I love Mexican food and enjoyed reading more Mexican recipes on the food blogs this week.

Last week we had an amazing 36 recipes shared. Thank you so much for joining in each week and thank you to Hayley from Snap Happy Bakes for hosting CookBlogShare. 

The recipes that I have chosen for my round up are not only all Mexican but they all have such a summer feel to them. I am sure that many of you will be wanting to cook these meals and enjoy them al fresco after you read this!

Here are my four favourite recipes from week 18 of CookBlogShare...

Quesadillas are great finger foods and one that the children love.These Quesadilla Waffles with Mexican Bean Salad from Foodie Quine are perfect for a summer buffet or a light lunch al fresco. I love how the cheese oozes out between the waffle quesadillas and paired with the bean salad makes this a truly balanced meal!

This next recipe show a whole new way to enjoy taco bowls. I adore churros so as soon as I saw that Charlotte's Lively Kitchen had revamped some regular taco bowls into Churro Taco Bowls filled with Mexican Hot Chocolate and Margarita Ice Creams I was immediately drawn to her inventive recipe. I am sure that you will agree with me that they make the perfect cinco de mayo and summer dessert!

Next up is a Mexican side dish of Mexican Cheese Twists from Charlotte's Lively Kitchen. These would be an instant success with the children. They would make an ideal side dish for a summer barbecue. I know that they would soon be demolished in this house!

Last and certainly not least is a favourite meal of mine, Slow Cooked Chilli Beef from Easy Peasy Foodie. I love a good chilli and I can just imagine how full of flavour this slow cooked chilli is. After cooking for 3 hours the thought of the intense flavours leaves me craving for a chilli con carne!

If you missed these four recipes last week then pop over and have a look, you will not be disappointed!

This weeks CookBlogShare is back here on Hijacked By Twins so I look forward to see what you have been cooking up in your kitchen this week!

Hope you all have a tasty week x

CookBlogShare

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my waffles. I am absolutely loving Charlotte's Churro Taco Bowls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all look so good, thank you for sharing your recipe x

      Delete
  2. Fab roundup - love the Mexican theme :-) Thanks for including my chilli! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Eb, thank you for joining in. Mexican food has to be a favourite here x

      Delete
  3. These are such amazing creative recipes. Taco churros! Waffle quesadillas! Just love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taco churros, they are a genius idea! They are all must tries x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Kaila, the linky can be found here http://www.hijackedbytwins.com/2016/05/Aldi-jerseyroyal-potato-salad-recipe-cookblogshare.html the linky goes live on Tuesdays. My Monday CookBlogShare post is a weekly round up. Hope you can join in with us this week x

      Delete
  5. I've been loving all the Mexican food around this week too, they're such great flavours aren't they! Thanks for including my ice cream and twists x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x