Friday 13 May 2016

Lime and White Chocolate Cheesecake

Ever since I made the No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake that I wrote about last week we have wanted it again, it was that good. As it was another glorious weekend last week and we had a barbecue planned we had to have another cheesecake. This time I wanted to try another flavour combination. I had plenty of limes in the fridge so I decided to make my own take on a key lime pie style cheesecake.

We liked the strawberry cheesecake base so much I have followed the same recipe again using the coconut oil. I have used the limes to enrich the cheesecake centre and have finished it off with creamy white chocolate pieces.

This is what I did...

Lime and White Cheesecake

Ingredients

300g chocolate digestives
75g coconut oil
250g mascarpone cheese
250g low fat cream cheese
3 tbsp icing sugar
2 limes
100g white chocolate, crushed

Method

1 - Place the biscuits in a bag, using a rolling pin crush the biscuits into crumbs

2 - Place the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it has melted down to a liquid oil consistency

3 - Add the coconut oil to the biscuit crumbs and mix together

4 - Place the biscuits in a sandwich tin and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes

5 - Mix together the mascarpone and cream cheese

6 - Stir in the icing sugar and the zest of one lime and the juice of one and a half limes

7 - Remove the base from the fridge and top with the cheese mix and return to the fridge until ready to serve

8 - Before serving sprinkle over the crumble chocolate and finish with a slice from the remaining half of lime


The white chocolate topping on this cheesecake finishes it off to perfection and certainly keeps you wanting more! As with the strawberry cheesecake, this lime and white chocolate cheesecake will keep for up to three days in the fridge. This makes it an ideal dessert to make in advance, that is if you can resist the temptation for a slice!

Enjoy x





Link up your recipe of the week
CookBlogShare

4 comments:

  1. Wow Kirsty, this looks delicious! Thanks for linking up to #CookBlogShare X

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm i bet that tasted gorgeous! perfect dessert for after a bbq x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't want to share this with anyone! I'd be getting myself guilty slices every time I was alone in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I love cheesecake kirsty and I can imagine the lime really bringing a lovely flavour to it. #CookBlogShare
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x