Tuesday 17 May 2016

Easy Mushroom Stroganoff with Aldi

We love mushrooms and one of my favourite mushroom meals has to be stroganoff. I prefer a mushroom stroganoff to a beef one and this meal is a great way to get extra vegetables into the children!

Mushrooms are a budgeting way to bulk out meals and add some extra flavours. For this recipe I have used closed cup mushrooms and button mushrooms. This week mushrooms are even cheaper at Aldi as they are in the Super 6 offer. For a pack of closed cup mushrooms, this week, you will pay just 49p instead of the usual 89p! That makes this week the perfect time to have a go at making my easy mushroom stroganoff.

When cooking this dish I find that the juices from the mushrooms do a lot of the work with regards to flavours. However by adding a little paprika you add an extra hint of spice to this delicious meal.

This is what I did...

Easy Mushroom Stroganoff

Ingredients



250g closed cup mushrooms, halved and sliced
150g button mushrooms, halved
1 red onion, chopped
200g creme fraiche
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper (optional)
Rice to serve

Method

1 - Cook the rice as per instructions

2 - Heat the olive oil in a saute pan or a large saucepan

3 - Add the onions and red pepper if using and fry for 5 minute or until starting to soften

4 - Add the mushrooms to the pan, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and leave to cook for 10 minutes

5 - After 10 minutes remove the lid and pour in the creme fraiche, add the paprika and mix thoroughly

6 - Heat for 2 minute or until the sauce is hot and serve on a bed of rice


This makes a delicious, budget mid week meal. It is not only quick and easy to make but so full of flavour.

Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.

CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely simple recipe. 49p really is a great price for mushrooms isn't it! Thanks for linking up with #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore mushrooms and i love them in a stroganoff (something i don't eat often as i am their only fan in my house!). 49p is an absolute steal x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious and easy meal...and who can complain at 49p for a punnet of mushrooms! Bargain! #Cookblogshare
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mushroom stroganoff!! This looks like a wonderfully easy peasy recipe and 49p for a box of mushrooms - that's amazing!! Really must get myself to Aldi one of these days :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirsty, I used to make a mushroom stroganoff, but lost my recipe (sounds daft as it really wasn't to complex, but I could never get it to taste the same without it).

    I will be giving your recipe ago as I love mushrooms. I would never have thought to add paprika to mushrooms, so I look forward to trying it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only me again. Popped back to give the recipe thumbs up. Had loads of mushrooms and no meat out. I also had to substitute the creme fraiche with Greek yogurt as I haven't seen creme fraiche here, but it tasted good and was so easy to make.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x