Tuesday 3 May 2016

Chicken Pesto Pasta

A couple of weeks I shared my Pesto, Mushroom and Pancetta Chicken that I made using ingredients from Aldi.


After I made the pesto, mushroom and pancetta I had some ingredients left so I thought that I would share with you what I did with them. Pesto is perfect for pasta so what better way to use leftover pesto and chicken breasts!

The chicken breasts from Aldi are fantastic value for money. I always by the large pack of chicken breasts that weigh 1kg and cost £5.59. This pack of chicken provides enough for two meals for my family. Unlike other cheap chicken breasts these do not shrink down during cooking, this is what makes them true value!

This recipe make enough for a family of four, or in our case a family of five.

This is what I did...


Chicken Pesto Pasta

Ingredients

2 chicken breasts, diced
1 red onion, chopped
300g Aldi everyday essentials pasta penne
3 tbsp Aldi Specially Selected pesto Genovese
1 tbsp olive oil


Method

1 - Boil a pan of water, add the pasta to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes

2 - While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a pan and gently cook the diced chicken over a medium heat

3 - Cook the chicken for 2 minutes add the onion and continue to cook, gently for 10 minutes

4 - Once the pasta has cooked al dente, drain and return to the pan

5 - Stir the pesto into the warm pasta and add the chicken and onion

6 - Mix thoroughly and serve immediately


This meal is not only quick and easy to make but a great value meal and a great way to use up ingredients for another recipe. This dish was a huge success with all of the family and I loved being able to prepare a delicious meal in little time. Aldi's everyday essentials pasta penne costs just 29p for a 500g bag. This recipe uses just 300g leaving you extra pasta for another days meal.


Enjoy x
CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Credit Crunch Munch

6 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks so delicious...and so quick and easy! I would love to eat this...sadly both my kids hate pesto :-( Gah! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, the perfect quick and easy meal - this would be great for me to make mid-week after work X #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get those chicken breasts from Aldi as well, two meals at a great price. This looks like a lovely meal

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been eating a lot of chicken and pesto pasta over here recently, I think it suits the Spring and warmer weather! Yours looks delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad I can't eat pesto! This looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great mid week meal! Yum! Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x