Wednesday 4 May 2016

No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake with Coconut Oil Chocolate Biscuit Base

Cheesecake is a perfect dessert now that summer is on the horizon. It is time to move from the warm, comfort puddings and on to refreshing summer ones. Today I am sharing with you one of my favourite summer desserts. I have changed the base to give it more of a summer taste to it and also some healthy fats that are good for your body.

As this cheesecake is a no bake cheesecake it can be made in advance if you are making it for guests or prepare it in the morning, enjoy the day in the garden then have a delicious dessert for the evening. It is so simple and easy to make, there is no excuse!

This is what I did...

No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake with Coconut Oil Base

Ingredients - Makes 1 large cheesecake or 6 small individual cheesecakes

300g chocolate digestives
75g coconut oil
250g mascarpone cheese
250g low fat cream cheese
3 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
12 lg strawberries

Method

1 - Place the biscuits in a bag, using a rolling pin crush the biscuits into crumbs

2 - Place the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it has melted down to a liquid oil consistency

3 - Add the coconut oil to the biscuit crumbs and mix together

4 - Place the biscuits in a either a sandwich tin or individual ramekins and push down the base so that is is compacted into the tin/ramekin

5 - Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes

6 - Mix together the mascarpone and cream cheese

7 - Stir in the icing sugar and the vanilla paste

8 - Remove the base from the fridge and top with the cheese mix and return to the fridge until ready to serve

9 - Before serving make slits into the strawberries, leaving the tip intact, fan out the segments to create a fan shape with the strawberries and decorate over the top



What is great with this recipe is that it will keep in the fridge for up to three days. I made 6 mini individual cheesecakes which meant we had a yummy dessert for three days on the trot!

What a treat!


The sweet strawberries go perfectly with the deliciously creamy cheese filling. Then you get to the chocolate digestive base and discover a hint of coconut. This really is a cheesecake that is ready for summer!



Enjoy x


CookBlogShare

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - these look amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. Guess what I'll be having tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheesecake! And no bake ones are so nice and easy too. In fact, I've made a no-bake raspberry one this week as well, although I'm not sure if I'll get around to blogging it. I like the sound of the coconut oil in the base instead of butter. I'll have to try to remember to try that next time. Thank you for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious. Pinning to share.
    Thanks for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look perfect for summer! I love the strawberry, coconut, chocolate flavors and of course cheesecake yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a massive cheesecake fan so I could gobble this all up right now :-) #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks gorgeous, and super easy - just my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coconut oil is very novel in light of the fact that not at all like different sorts of cooking oil (palm oil, sunflower oil), its advantages reach out to more than cooking.coconut oil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x