Tuesday 8 November 2016

Smoked Haddock and Black Tiger Prawn Fat Free Veggie Noodles

If there is one way of serving vegetables that I love it has to be in noodles. I love using my spiraliser and am always looking for new ways to use them in our meals. They are not only a great way to get more vegetables into our diets but a quick and easy way to prepare vegetables.

Today's recipe with Aldi is all about the delicious fresh products that are available in Aldi. In this recipe I have combined two different vegetables to create bright noodles. Paired them with some lovely smoked fish and black tiger prawns then used some great, fat free Quark to make a creamy sauce.


Now that Halloween and bonfire night are done for yet another year you know what is coming. Yes, as of next week Tuesdays are going to be all about Christmas with Aldi. Last year I focused on how to have a budget Christmas. This year I am going to be showing you how Aldi can not only help you save money this Christmas but how they provide top quality food and drinks at the bargain price that we have grown to expect from Aldi. Next week I am going to be telling you about the Christmas in July event that I went to where I had a preview of their Christmas range. I am not going to disclose too much today, but I was extremely impressed with what I saw and am excited to showcase some of their best products. You can have a sneak peak at their Christmas products here. I will also be telling you what I will be covering over the coming weeks.

Now back to today. This is what I did...

Smoked Haddock and Black Tiger Prawn Fat Free Veggie Noodles

Ingredients - serves 2

1 lg or 2 sml courgettes
1 lg or 2 sml carrots
2 smoked haddock fillets, skin removed and chopped
1 pack of Specially Selected black tiger prawns
3 tbsp fat free Quark
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Spray oil
Salt and pepper

Method

1 - Spray a large frying pan with enough spray oil to cover and gently warm over a medium heat

2 - Add the chopped smoked haddock to the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly

3 - Place the black tiger prawns in the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes

4 - While the fish is cooking using a spiraliser make courgette and carrot noodles, cutting them into a manageable length

5 - Add the fat free Quark and parsley to the fish and mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to taste

6 - Heat for two minutes before adding the courgette and carrot noodles and remove from the heat

7 - Toss the veggie noodles in the fish and creamy sauce until evenly combined and serve immediately


This is such a quick and easy meal that is perfect for a midweek meal when time is a little short. Just because you need to cook a quick dinner, this meal proves that you do not need to compromise on quality and goodness!

Aldi have a fantastic range of both fresh and frozen fish. I always keep a bag of their frozen fish whether it is basa or tuna or haddock. It is a great freezer addition as they can be cooked straight from frozen!

Have you caught the veggie noodle bug? What are your favourite vegetables to use?

Pin me for later!

Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x