Friday 11 November 2016

Degustabox October Contents and Tomato Pasta Soup Recipe

It is that time of the month again, it is time for me to tell you all about what came in this months Degustabox. October's Degustabox was loved by the kids and the hubby. There were so many treats that they could not wait to enjoy. 

For this months post I am going to be telling you about the products, but I am also going to share with you a simple recipe for a tomato pasta soup, or as the kids called it, Minion soup


Before I tell you about my soup let me show and tell you about what other products we received. This is what came in our last Degustabox...



Maggi Fusian - These noodles come in two Asian inspired flavours, Fiery Sweet Chilli and Aromatic Spiced Curry. These are lovely as a side dish or as a filling lunch.

Yushoi - If you are looking for a snack that will satisfy but one that is healthier than your regular snacks then Yushoi snapea rice snacks are for you! Just 91 calories per serving.

Robinsons - We love Robinsons Squash'd cordial, they are the perfect size to pop in your bag for when you are going out. We took a supply of them when we went away on holiday as the twins will drink nothing but squash. They are an easy was to flavour water on the go!

Heinz - Like most children ours love Minions so you can imagine their excitement to see that Heinz have created Minion shaped pasta. This is the ingredient that I have featured in today's recipe.

Heinz - To go with their Minion pasta Heinz have created a smooth tomato pasta sauce that is perfect for your little ones. As you would expect with a child focused sauce it contains no added salt or sugar.

Beloved Date - Introducing two new, delicious flavours of Beloved Date Hearts. To go with the new flavours they have also revamped their packaging. They now come in four varieties, original, zesty orange, rich cocoa and cocoa and berry. As they have been cold pressed they have retained all of the goodness that dates provide.

Jim Jam's - My kiddies love chocolate spread, but I do often worry about the sugar content. So when I saw that Jim Jams spread contains 83% less sugar is was more than happy to left them have it, they are delighted that they can eat it and I am happy in the knowledge that it contains less sugar!

Pitch - These have been a favourite in our house for a long time. As soon as the kids saw them they wanted them!

Iam Super Food - This is a completely new brand to me but one I like the sound of. These low in fat but high in protein soup will keep you fuller for longer.

Hershey's - I will admit to trying a small piece of this chocolate bar and wow it was so good! The white chocolate was perfectly creamy and the added cream and cookie pieces made it even better!

Now onto my soup. This soup is not only super easy to make but is also full of goodness!

Tomato Pasta Soup

Ingredients

800g tomatoes
500g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
100g red onion, chopped
1 stick of celery, sliced
1 carrot, approx 100g, sliced
1 red Romero pepper, chopped
500mls water
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
3tbsp tomato puree
1/2tsp dried oregano
2 vegetable stock cubes

Method

1 - Remove the skins from the tomatoes by slicing a cross on the bottom and placing them in a bowl of boiling water for 5 - 10 minutes

2 - After they have soaked remove the tomatoes and peel off the skin

3 - Chop the tomatoes and place in either a pan or in a soup maker

4 - Add the butternut squash, red onion, celery, carrot, red pepper, water and vegetable stock and bring to the boil

5 - Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes

6 - While the vegetables simmering, cook the pasta as per instructions

7 - Once the vegetables have softened remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly

8 - When the vegetables have cooled a little place them in a blender and blitz until smooth

9 - Serve the soup in bowls with a spoon of pasta on the top


Not only is this a full of flavour soup but is a great way to get some added goodness into the kids! 

If you would like to try Degustabox for yourself I am delighted to be able to offer you a whopping £7.00 off your first box. By simply using the special promotion code 76IMB at the checkout you can try your first Degustabox for just £5.99!

Pin me for later!

Enjoy x

Disclosure: I received the Degustabox for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All words, views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this minion soup! My daughter will not eat pasta but I would so much like to get her to eat it so I may well try and get some. Anything is worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That sounds like a delicious soup and I just love that cute Minion pasta!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but smile at minions. Soup sounds lovely #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - a great sneaky veg recipe too! #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the look of this tasty yet nutritious Minion soup Kirsty, very inventive and adding those pasta minions as a topper is a great way to encourage kids to eat the soup x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tasty soup Kirsty, I like the idea of adding butternut squash and pepper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x