Tuesday 1 November 2016

#CookBlogShare - Week 44 Pumpkin and Squash Round Up and Linky

Hello and welcome to week 44 of CookBlogShare. I cannot believe we are in November, the weeks are certainly flying by.

True to the season last weeks CookBlogShare linky, hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg, contained many Halloween inspired dishes. Whether they were spooky sweet treats or meals using the seasons best vegetables, there was a definite theme to the linky. So it will be no surprise that today my round up is based on the many pumpkin and squash recipes that were shared last week. I love these vegetables and am always on the look out for new ways to incorporate them into our meals.

Here are my favourite four recipes from week 43 of CookBlogShare...

First up is a classic and versatile pumpkin recipe. Charlotte from Charlotte's Lively Kitchen shared her Pumpkin Puree. This recipe gives you the basic pumpkin puree then how you use it is up to you. Personally I'd add some mixed spice to mine to go in a sweet pumpkin pie.

Next up is a butternut squash recipe. Monika from Everyday Healthy Recipes shared her Butternut Squash Pasta with Rocket. This dish would make an ideal midweek dinner when you are short on time but do not want to compromise on quality and flavour.

Now back to another pumpkin recipe. Oat and Sesame shared this warming Pumpkin Black Bean Chilli. I love to adapt our favourite meat dishes into vegetarian ones and this chilli looks and sounds amazing! The pumpkin used in this recipe was homegrown, next year we need to have a go at growing one!

Today's final recipe is another one that uses butternut squash. De Tout Coeur Limousin shared a perfect autumn dish. I can just imagine how sweet the Roasted Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese, Dates and Sunflower Seeds is. The sweet combination of the butternut squash with the dates along with the sharp taste from the blue cheese, oh just the thought of this dish is making me want it!

If you missed any of these recipes last week, pop over and check them out!

Now onto this weeks CookBlogShare linky. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up. Link up any foodie post, both old and new ones welcome. All that I ask is that you add the badge to your post, link up, comment on the host post and visit some other blogs, we all love a comment!

Enjoy x

CookBlogShare

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my pasta recipe! I am off to get a closer look at the other featured yummy looking recipes now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnk you Monika for sharing it. Looking forward to seeing what you have been cooking this week x

      Delete
  2. already loads of delicious looking recipes. Have a great week everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely roundup, Kirsty. I just love pumpkin and squash :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they are such versatile vegetables aren't they x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the party Kristy. Nice pumpkin recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all sound delicious don't they! Thank you for joining in x

      Delete
  5. I just love squashes Kirsty, perfect round up,
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much squash... so few hours in the day! And now there's a whole load of new nomminess to check out! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of your recipes certainly keep me busy! Choosing my favourite is so hard x

      Delete
  7. Lovely round up Kirsty. I adore all the squashes around at this time of year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are the perfect autumnal vegetables. Thanks for popping over Kate x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x