Sunday 20 November 2016

Christmas Preparations

Can you believe it is Christmas day in just 5 weeks? Now that we are almost in December my thoughts are definitely turning to the festive preparations. I am starting to write my lists of what I need to do and what I still need to buy.

Being the foodie that I am Christmas dinner is top of my list!

Photograph courtesy of Pixabay

So far I have got ideas for the big day but I am planning on having a few trial runs over the next few weeks to find the perfect centre piece for the traditional Christmas turkey. Over the coming weeks I will be sharing how I get on and how I will be preparing my turkey on Christmas day.

Then I need to plan what I will be serving alongside the turkey. The vegetables, side dishes, starters, desserts, snacks, drinks, oh the list goes on!

Then there are the presents to buy!

Photograph courtesy of Pixabay

Now the presents are what the children look forward to but what us parents dread being able to get. Finding exactly what they want but at a price that we can afford. As the children get older their presents get smaller but cost so much more. Finding the offers on the must have gifts are a huge help. One shopping event that I love has to be Black Friday. I know that traditionally it is an American event but the excitement of Christmas shopping and bagging a bargain in contagious. It comes the day after Thanksgiving and is followed by Cyber Monday. Over these days it is possible to find some amazing bargains.

My Voucher Codes have created a Black Friday eBook to help you get the most out of the festive shopping event!

This year we are having my parents over for Christmas dinner and the majority of my dinner preparation will be done on Christmas eve so that I can spend the majority of the big day with the family and not in the kitchen. What I love most about Christmas is not the presents, yes I love giving the children their gifts, but for me what is special about Christmas is spending time with loved ones, remembering those that we have lost and spending quality time together, creating magical memories that the children will treasure.

What do you love most about Christmas?

What are your top tips for Black Friday?


Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x