Tuesday 15 November 2016

Christmas with Aldi

Yes I have mentioned the big 'C' word!

The Christmas adverts are on the television, shops are putting up the trees and the shelves are now being stocked up with Christmas goodies. Instead of my regular Aldi recipe post, this week I am going to be telling you all about the Christmas foodie posts that I have got planned, showing you this years Christmas advert from Aldi and show you some fantastic foodie gifts!

But first check out the star of the their advert this year Kevin the Carrot...


Back in July I was invited down to London to experience Aldi's Christmas in July event. At the no expense spared event Aldi showcased the best of their products this Christmas season. While I was at the event I had the opportunity to speak to some of Aldi's chief buyers. Being able to speak to them in person helped me to understand the ethos of the buyers. They clearly stated that what they look for when hunting out products is for the items to have a high end supermarket quality but one that they are able to provide for their customers at a bargain shop price. This is just what customers want. When shopping at a budget shop you do not want to compromise on quality and Aldi are able to allow us to get both!

Whilst I was at the event I was able to taste many of their outstanding Christmas products and over the next 5 weeks I am going to be showcasing my favourite high end products alongside recipes and ideas to make your Christmas table truly spectacular this year.

This year I am going to be featuring:
  • Fish - salmon, prawn starters, seafood canapes
  • Meat - turkey, goose, ham
  • Sides - vegetables and all of the trimmings
  • Drinks - the best beer, wines and spirits
  • Desserts and Sweet Treats - everything sweet and temping!
I have got so much to tell you and so many foodie treats to share.

This week I thought I would tell you about some fantastic foodie gifts that Aldi have this year. All foodies love a good hamper but as I am sure you will know that the top quality hampers also have a top quality price tag! This year Aldi have compiled a truly magnificent hamper.

  • Exquisite All Butter Biscuit Tin
  • Exquisite Spelt and Chive Crackers
  • Exquisite Buttermilk Crackers
  • Exquisite Chocolate Truffles
  • Exquisite Raspberry Chocolate
  • Exquisite Blackcurrant Chocolate
  • Exquisite Sparkling Wine Chocolate
  • Vintage Blanc de Blanc Champagne
  • Lot 13 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc - white wine
  • Lot 06 Priorat Garnacha 2014 - red wine
  • Jean Bouchard Beaune - red wine
  • Large Wicker Basket
This hamper is available to pre order now. After they were mentioned in a national newspaper I am sure that they will be selling fast! A recent newspaper article compared it to the luxury hampers from Fortnum and Mason but will a huge saving of £126!

Again this hamper is the perfect example of what Aldi are aiming for and are surpassing. Excellent quality at an affordable price.

Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

1 comment:

  1. That hamper looks spectacular, a real treat for someone xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x