Thursday 4 September 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow - Week 35

I had a post scheduled for How Does Your Garden Grow last week. However being away from the internet and in true relaxation mode I didn't link up. If you would like to see how our garden has grown over the year you can here.

While we were away I took a lot of photographs and enjoyed taking time out with my camera in the woodland. This week I am sharing some of those pictures for How Does Your Garden Grow.

Sherwood Forest


There are many old trees with metal bands around them. This is to help preserve the trees for longer.








Around Sherwood Forest Center Parcs




The pictures above are from a lake and stream that was at the back of our villa.
I loved all the interesting textures and colours from a huge patch of thistles on a hill side.




Pictures taken during one of our many bike rides around the resort.
The beautiful, peaceful view that we woke up to everyday during our stay.
As always I am sharing my How Does Your Garden Post with the lovely Manneskjur

Manneskjur

18 comments:

  1. Looks like some lovely woodland. I've never seen trees with the metal bands around them before. Bike rides in the forest sounds like a great way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen them either but it is a great idea to help preserve them

      Delete
  2. Looks a lovely place to explore. Sherwood Forest isn't too far from us but we also seem to end up at Clumber Park instead! I love the bark on the tree. It's just waiting to be to be touched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also love Clumber Park. We're only about an hour away so it's a great place to visit. The bark was so fascinating!

      Delete
  3. You had me at the start with the words 'Sherwood Forest' :) I've not been there for years-I need to go and give myself a tree fix x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love those photos of the trees- I find the twisting and turning of old trees fascinating, so much history!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really fascinating, I could have looked at them for hours :-)

      Delete
  5. so beautiful! i miss big open spaces like that. hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just what we needed thank you, I'm just dying to go back! :-)

      Delete
  6. I aways wondered what the big metal belts were for - now I know! Always learning!
    This reminds me a lot of near where I grew up, the Forest of Dean - happy memories being stirred, thank you for joining in and making me think back. Hope you had a good break x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely break thank you, it certainly was needed! x

      Delete
  7. Looks like a lovely break, and those trees are amazing with all their unique features. Those metal bands are crazy, off to google how they help the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful shots of wonderful gnarly trees - glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a lovely break. The trees were so bizarre and great to look at x

      Delete
  9. Everything is so pretty and now I know why trees have band as I saw one before! Really nice to woke up to this view everyday! Stunning =) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x